Securities Update Regarding COVID-19
Regarding ongoing developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance Securities Division wants to make you aware of steps we are taking to keep our staff and stakeholders safe.
As of today:
- The offices of the Tennessee Securities Division remain open and fully operational.
- The majority of our Securities staff are working remotely.
- You may reach the staff of the Securities Division via their state email or by calling their state office line. All staff will be responding to email and voicemail messages throughout the day during the business week as we continue working remotely. Relevant contact information is available on the agency’s website here https://www.tn.gov/commerce/securities-division.html.
- Registration staff are continuing to process registration applications through the CRD/IARD systems. Requests for supplemental information may be submitted via email.
- Field examiner staff are conducting streamlined, remote examinations using phone and email correspondence in lieu of traditional on-site examinations during this time.
- Enforcement staff are limiting in-person contacts with witnesses and regulatory partners by utilizing phone, email, and other forms of telecommunications technology to complete their work in a virtual environment.
- We are attuned to the challenges that the crisis has created for our registered community and our constituents. Please know that our staff will be responsive and receptive to requests for extensions and other appropriate forms of regulatory relief arising from service and disruptions due to COVID-19.
We are following all directives and guidance issued by Governor Bill Lee and Tennessee Department of Health Commissioner Dr. Lisa Piercey, related to COVID-19, including those related to travel and public gatherings. For this reason, outreach presentations are being postponed and staff are abstaining from professional conferences and training programs. These events are being canceled or postponed due to social distancing efforts to reduce viral impact.
For your safety and that of our staff, we ask you to please refrain from unscheduled walk-in visits to the office. Please work directly with agency staff via telephone or email on matters requiring staff attention. The situation remains fluid and there may be a point in time when we will take additional steps to protect the health of both our employees and the public.
Important information on COVID-19 is available at the Tennessee Department of Health’s website: https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html and the CDC’s websites: https://cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html . Related regulatory information is available on our agency’s website here: https://www.tn.gov/commerce/securities-division.html.
Additional securities regulatory information related to COVID-19 for jurisdictions beyond Tennessee can be found on the website of the North American Securities Administrators Association, of which the Tennessee Securities Division is a member, at the following link: www.nasaa.org/industry-resources/covid-19-updates/.
Please keep yourself informed and stay safe.
If you have questions or concerns about this message, please contact the appropriate staff at the following link https://www.tn.gov/commerce/securities/contact-information.html