Teaching Literacy in Tennessee
Practical guidance for developing proficient readers, writers, and thinkers
Summer Learning Series
Virtual learning opportunities for teachers on Teaching Literacy in Tennessee
Announcing 2017 Read to be Ready Grantees
212 sites will serve more than 11,000 Tennessee kids this summer
Strengthening Tennessee’s New Teacher Pipeline
Districts and schools in Tennessee will exemplify excellence and equity such that all students are equipped with the knowledge and skills to successfully embark upon their chosen path in life.
The majority of high school graduates from the class of 2020 will earn some type of postsecondary certificate, diploma, or degree.
75 percent of Tennessee third graders will be proficient in reading by 2025.
The average ACT composite score in Tennessee will be 21 by 2020.
Tennessee will rank in the top half of the National Assessment of Educational Progress, the nation’s report card, by 2019.
Early Foundations & Literacy
Building skills in early grades to contribute to future success
High School & Bridge to Postsecondary
Preparing significantly more students for postsecondary completion
All Means All
Providing individualized support and opportunities for all students with a focus on those who are furthest behind
Supporting the preparation and development of an exceptional educator workforce
Providing districts with the tools and autonomy they need to make the best decisions for students
News & Events
- Education Commissioner Releases Update on State of Education in Tennessee
- Nearly 70,000 Public School Students Eligible for Second Statewide ACT Retake Day
- Tennessee Department of Education awards nearly $5 million to increase number of high-quality school options for students
- Tennessee Department of Education Releases Guide to Help Support Students with Characteristics of Dyslexia
- Tennessee Department of Education Announces 2017-18 Teacher of the Year Finalists
- Tennessee Department of Education Awards Funding to Benefit Over 18,000 Students Through Voluntary Pre-K Programs