The Tennessee Human Rights Board of Commissioner’s accepted the annual report for fiscal year 2018-2019 for release at the September 13, 2019 Commission meeting. The full report is available here.
The report details statistical information, actions and initiatives to safeguard individuals from discrimination through education and enforcement.
The report was released to the public on October 8, 2019.
The annual Title VI training for state Title VI coordinators was held on July 30, 2019. Information presented during this training included an overview of Title VI fundamentals for new coordinators, an explanation of the implementation plan guidelines for FY 2019-2020 and regulatory authority training instruction.
THRC executive director, Beverly Watts gave a day-long presentation on the overall Title VI compliance program to state agencies.
Mrs. Rosetta Miller Perry, a long-time Civil Rights activist has been named the recipient of the 2019 Tennessee Human Rights Commission’s Jocelyn D. Wurzburg Civil Rights Legacy Award.
Mrs. Miller Perry was presented with the award on July 19, 2019.
First Amendment Center 1207 18th Ave S #200 Nashville, TN 37212
St. Paul's Episcopal Church 305 W 7th Street at Pine Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Tennessee Human Rights Commission 2019 Annual Report Released
- Robin Derryberry Elected as Chair of the Board of Commissioners
- East Tennessee Periodontics, Inc. Violates the Tennessee Human Rights Act
- Tennessee Human Rights Commission Names Rosetta Miller Perry as the 2019 Civil Rights Legacy Award Recipient
- April is Fair Housing Month
- Chattanooga International Human Rights Day 2018 Celebration Announced