First Lady Maria Lee Launches 12 Days of Giving Campaign
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Today, First Lady Maria Lee launched the 12 Days of Giving social media campaign to highlight impactful nonprofits across the state and encourage Tennesseans to give back during the holiday season.
The 12 Days of Giving will begin today on Giving Tuesday, November 29, 2022, and will feature a different nonprofit and a unique call to action for the 12 following weekdays.
“Tennesseans are known for their generosity, and Bill and I are especially inspired by how they serve others throughout the holiday season,” said First Lady Maria Lee. “It’s our hope that those looking to give back this Christmas find new ways to serve their neighbors while connecting with organizations in need of their support.”
Tennesseans are encouraged to support the following nonprofits:
· Day One, November 29: Mid-South Food Bank
· Day Two, November 30: Tucker’s House
· Day Three, December 1: Rest Stop Ministries
· Day Four, December 2: Boys & Girls Clubs of Chattanooga
· Day Five, December 5: Lifeline Blood Services
· Day Six, December 6: Mission of Hope
· Day Seven, December 7: A Soldier’s Child Foundation
· Day Eight, December 8: My Friend’s House
· Day Nine, December 9: Birth Choice
· Day Ten, December 12: Hispanic Family Foundation
· Day Eleven, December 13: PENCIL Foundation
· Day Twelve, December 14: Appalachia Service Project
Examples of ways to serve the highlighted nonprofits include volunteering, donating new and used items, praying for the population an organization serves and using social media to bring awareness to the needs of certain communities.
The 2022 Tennessee Christmas events hosted by the Governor and First Lady are focused on “The Gift of Giving” theme this year which highlights the various ways Tennesseans use their time and talents to give to others throughout the holiday season.
For more information on how to participate in the 12 Days of Giving, click here.