FO162 - Fire Officer 1-2 Combined Week 3
This is the third course in a three-part series designed to instruct the student in the area of Fire Officer 1 and 2. Key areas of the course include pre-incident planning and code enforcement; budgeting; fire cause determination; crew resource management and leading change; and managing incidents.
- $160 (for members of a recognized fire department)
Firefighter I and II, Fire Instructor I, ICS 100, 200, and 700 must be obtained before Commission testing. Fire Officer 1&2 Combined Weeks 1 and 2.
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Flash Drive
- Laptop (Recommended)
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Officer Principles and Practice 3rd Edition Enhanced
- Students will discuss how to develop a pre-incident plan.
- Students will understand purchasing laws, policies, and procedures.
- Students will explain how the Incident Command System was created.
- Students will be able to describe the role of the fire officer in determining the cause of a fire.
- Students will be able to discuss the five steps in a successful debriefing.