FF260 - Firefighter Skills Above Grade Fires
This course will reinforce basic firefighter skills that allow them to operate efficiently and competently during above grade fires. Ladder carries, raises, positioning, and victim rescues wil be performed by each student during the course. Basic ropes and knots will also be covered for the purpose of safely securing ladders and halyards. Participants will also perform skills associated with quickly and safely hoisting tools to upper divisions through the use of proper rope and knot techniques.
- $500 flat rate off campus
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Discuss safety considerations concerning ground ladder operations.
- Discuss pre-placement survey of ground ladder deployment area.
- Describe placement of ladders in relation to angles and other considerations.
- Demonstrate proper carrying and raising techniques.
- Demonstrate proper rescue techniques utilizing ground ladders.
- Demonstrate proper knots for anchoring ladders and hoisting various equipment.