FF259 - Sprinkler and Operations
This course will discuss fire department operations at properties protected by sprinkler and standpipe systems. NFPA standards associated with these systems will be referenced throughout the classroom portion of the course. Proper augmentation of these systems during suppression operations will be discussed at length. After a classroom portion and a written test, students will transfer to the hands-on portion of the course. During the hands-on portion students will perform various skills associated with connection to, and supplementation of sprinkler, standpipe, and combined systems. Special hazards and problems associated with operating from standpipe systems, and potential solutions will be discussed throughout the course in order to prepare students for the difficult situations they may encounter.
- $500 flat rate off campus
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Student shall obtain an understanding of hydraulics involved in operating from a standpipe.
- Students shall be able to troubleshoot problems involving fire department connections to sprinkler and standpipe systems.
- Students shall obtain an understanding of proper hose line and nozzle selection when operating from standpipe systems.
- Students shall demonstrate proficiency in skills associated with connections, hose line deployment, and general operations at standpipe equipped buildings.