LLP Insurance

Board for Licensing Contractors

Note: Proof of Insurance is not required for licensing, however, it is required by law if you have one or more employees, as an employer!

IRS Resource

Plumbing Association (NAPMA - Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors of Middle TN)
Plumbing Association (TPHCC - TN Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors)

Local Government (Note: Check with the Local Government before obtaining LLP!)

Law - LLP Jan. 2006 [pdf]
Law - LLP Amended May, 2006 Law [pdf]
Law - LLP Amended July 1, 2007 (Maintenance and Home Appliances) [pdf]
Medical Gas
Minority Business Information
National Licensing Information
One Stop Business Resource
Renewal Form [pdf]
Online Renewal
Revenue Division/Tax Information
Sprinkler Licenses with Division of Fire Prevention
Well Driller Licenses - Department of Environment and Conservation
Workers Compensation Insurance Information (See also "Insurance")

Note: A limited licensed plumber (LLP) may not use the appellation term "contractor" unless they hold a contractor's license!

Fire Protection /Sprinkler Systems
Those performing work on fire protection and fire sprinkler systems, must register with the Tennessee State Fire Marshal's Office, Permits and Licenses Unit. More information may be obtained from their website or contact them at: (615) 741-1322.

Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning / Refrigeration where the project is less than $25,000, is not regulated by the Board and would need to check with local government. A contractor's license would be required with a CMC-C or CMC if the project is $25,000 or more.

For information regarding small, minority or woman owned businesses, check with the Governor's Office of Diversity Enterprise!

Notice: The Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance is committed to principles of equal access and affirmation action. Contact the EEO or ADA Coordinator at (615) 741-6500.