LLP InsuranceBoard for Licensing Contractors
Note: Proof of Insurance is not required for licensing, however, it is required by law if you have one or more employees, as an employer!
- Workers' Compensation Insurance Information
- Construction Services Provider - Employer Exemption Registration
- Verification of Coverage by Employer
- Report Insurance Fraud and Employee Misclassification Violations
Local Government (Note: Check with the Local Government before obtaining LLP!)
- Nashville - Davidson County Department of Codes
- Knox County Code Enforcement (Knoxville)
- Knoxville City Code Enforcement
- Hamilton County Code Enforcement (Chattanooga)
- Chattanooga City Code Enforcement
- Memphis - Shelby County Code Enforcement
- Other Local Government Contact Information (Over 95 counties)
Law - LLP Jan. 2006 [pdf]
Law - LLP Amended May, 2006 Law [pdf]
Law - LLP Amended July 1, 2007 (Maintenance and Home Appliances) [pdf]
Minority Business Information
National Licensing Information
One Stop Business Resource
Renewal Form [pdf]
Revenue Division/Tax Information
Sprinkler Licenses with Division of Fire Prevention
Well Driller Licenses - Department of Environment and Conservation
Workers Compensation Insurance Information (See also "Insurance")
Note: A limited licensed plumber (LLP) may not use the appellation term "contractor" unless they hold a contractor's license!
Fire Protection /Sprinkler Systems
Those performing work on fire protection and fire sprinkler systems, must register with the Tennessee State Fire Marshal's Office, Permits and Licenses Unit. More information may be obtained from their website or contact them at: (615) 741-1322.
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning / Refrigeration where the project is less than $25,000, is not regulated by the Board and would need to check with local government. A contractor's license would be required with a CMC-C or CMC if the project is $25,000 or more.
For information regarding small, minority or woman owned businesses, check with the Governor's Office of Diversity Enterprise!
Notice: The Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance is committed to principles of equal access and affirmation action. Contact the EEO or ADA Coordinator at (615) 741-6500.