With approximately 100 contracted Deputy Electrical Inspectors (DEIs) spread across the entire state, this section performs residential, commercial, and industrial electrical inspections of new and existing structures. This section is responsible for enforcing the provisions of the 2017 edition of the National Electric Code and all state laws and rules concerning the conducting, conveying, consumption, or use of electrical energy in, or in connection, with any building, structure, or premises located in this state. Contracted private persons, companies, and governmental entities issue electrical permits at locations throughout most of the state.
For more information on electrical permits and inspections, please contact the Residential/Electrical Contract Inspection section.
- Application for Electrical Permit Issue Agent [pdf]
- List of Issuing Agents [pdf]
- Exempt Jurisdictions for Electrical Program [pdf]
- List of Deputy Electrical Inspectors [pdf]
- Rules of the Department of Commerce and Insurance, Division of Fire Prevention, Chapter 0780-2-1, Electrical Installations
- Approved List of Independent Testing Laboratories