What Do I Need Before I Apply?:
Anyone interested in obtaining an operator’s license MUST obtain three (3) completed VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE FOR FIREWORKS/PYROTECHNICS/FLAME EFFECTS OPERATOR CERTIFICATION forms for each certification desired. All forms must be signed by the event operator or authority having jurisdiction (AHJ). These pages are included on the Fireworks Operator Application.
Once the application has been reviewed and approved, the applicant must take and pass the state exam for each certification area desired. If the applicant is eligible for testing, the applicant will be contacted and told how to register for the exam. It is the applicant’s responsibility to acquire all materials needed for the exam.
- Go to: core.tn.gov
- Log-in under ‘Returning User’
3. After logging in, look under the section ‘It's Time to Renew’
- You will see all licenses that have been linked to your account
- Click the 'Select' button to start your renewal application
Step 1: Setting Up an Account
Visit our website at core.tn.gov and select ‘Register a New Account’
1. Click the box for ‘Use Email as Username’
2. Click the box for ‘Enable Third Party Payments’
3. Click ‘Yes’ to enable Email Communication.
• This is how you will receive some permits
Step 2: Logging In
Once you’ve successfully created an account, you will be given a temporary password. Write down or copy that password and ensure that there are no extra spaces if copied. Once you see the main page again (as pictured above), log-in under ‘Returning User’ using your email and temporary password.
After logging in for the first time two things will happen:
1. You will create a new password
2. The system will ask if you’ve received a license before
• Follow Step 2 UNTIL the system asks if you've ever received a license before YOUR ANSWER WILL BE 'YES', then click ‘Next’ to continue
Step 3: Adding Your License
After clicking 'Next', please select ‘Fireworks’ and ‘Fireworks Display Operators’ from the drop-down menu’s, then click ‘Next’ to continue.
Grab your Operator Renewal Notice that was mailed to you and enter your ‘Account Information’ as shown below. *
*Use Option B if Option A is unsuccessful
*When complete, click ‘Next’ to continue
Enter ‘Account Information’ On This Page
After you've successfully entered your account information and added your license, you will be directed back to the ‘Quick Start Menu’ where you will see a new option
a. That new row will say 'It's Time to Renew!"
Click the 'Select' button to start your renewal application!
Some files are Adobe Reader® Files [pdf], 6.0 or higher. You may need to DOWNLOAD a free copy of Adobe Reader® to view these files.