About State Office Holiday Hours
When a holiday falls on Saturday, the Friday before the holiday is substituted. When the holiday falls on Sunday, the Monday following the holiday is substituted.
Tennessee State Government Holiday Office Closures
2021 State Holidays
- Friday, January 1– New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 18 – Martin Luther King Day
- Monday, February 15 – Presidents’ Day
- Friday, April 2 – Good Friday
- Monday, May 31 – Memorial Day
- Monday, July 5 – Independence Day
- Monday, September 6 – Labor Day
- Thursday, November 11 – Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26 – Thanksgiving*
- Thursday, December 23 and Friday, December 24 – Christmas**
- Friday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve (state offices will also be closed for New Year’s Day on Monday, January 3, 2022)
*Pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated, Section 4-4-105(a)(3), the Governor has designated that the Columbus Day holiday shall be substituted for the Friday after Thanksgiving.
**The Governor has approved an additional day of closure on Christmas Eve to observe the holiday.