News & Events
NASHVILLE – The State Board of Education will hear and discuss the proposed draft of Tennessee Academic Standards for Social Studies at its April 20th workshop. The standards will be voted on first consideration the following day, April 21st.
Members of the Standards Recommendation Committee (SRC), appointed by the Governor, Lt. Governor, and Speaker of the House of Representatives and confirmed by the General Assembly, will present the proposed draft to the Board following an intensive and transparent multi-year review process. SRC members Mr. Jason Roach, Mr. Todd Wigginton, and Mr. Bill Carey will share their perspectives on the SRC’s recommendations and join a discussion of the standards as part of the board’s workshop on April 20th.
- Tennessee-Specific Standards Allow Local Flexibility
- State Board Launches Newly Designed Teacher Preparation Report Card
- State Board Approves New Tennessee Fine Arts Standards
- State Board Approves New Tennessee Science Standards
- Social Studies Review Timeline Extended
- Social Studies Standards in Tennessee: Changing for the Better