News & Events
Today, the State Board of Education voted unanimously on final reading to approve new, Tennessee-specific academic standards for social studies.
The new Tennessee Academic Standards for Social Studies will be implemented in classrooms in the 2019-20 school year. This multi-year, comprehensive review involved teams of Tennessee educators, subject matter experts, higher education faculty, state history and geography organizations, and multiple public comment opportunities, ensuring that all Tennesseans had a voice throughout the process.
- State Board of Education to Vote on Proposed Social Studies Standards
- State Board of Education to Hear Proposed Social Studies Standards
- Tennessee-Specific Standards Allow Local Flexibility
- State Board Launches Newly Designed Teacher Preparation Report Card
- State Board Approves New Tennessee Fine Arts Standards
- State Board Approves New Tennessee Science Standards