News & Events
Today, the State Board of Education, in partnership with the Tennessee Department of Education and Tennessee Higher Education Commission, launched a newly redesigned Teacher Preparation Report Card showing how Tennessee colleges and universities that offer education programs and other teacher preparation providers are training new teachers for success in Tennessee’s classrooms.
“Tennessee is the fastest improving state in the nation for student achievement. But to hold this trajectory, we must continue to ensure high expectations for students, schools, and teachers, including how we train and prepare our newest teachers,” said Dr. Sara Heyburn Morrison, the executive director of the State Board of Education. “This redesigned Report Card offers important, user-friendly information about how we are preparing teachers for classroom success.”
The 2016 Teacher Preparation Report Card is a tool for use by local school districts, Tennessee’s many teacher preparation providers, and aspiring teachers. It includes multiple measures to offer an overall picture of a college, university, or preparation provider’s success in meeting Tennessee’s goals for instructing effective teachers.
- State Board Approves New Tennessee Fine Arts Standards
- State Board Approves New Tennessee Science Standards
- Social Studies Review Timeline Extended
- Social Studies Standards in Tennessee: Changing for the Better
- State Board Seeks Public Review of Revised Social Studies Standards
- State Board Approves New Tennessee Math and English Language Arts Standards