News & Events
As of July 1, 2016, the Tennessee Council on Developmental Disabilities becomes an independent agency in state government. Within the state, the Council is created by a Governor’s Executive Order. Governor Bill Haslam signed Executive Order #50 in September 2015, updating the Council’s first Executive Order from 1975 that was originally issued by Governor Ray Blanton. This updated Order aligns the Tennessee Council with current language in the Developmental Disabilities Act, the federal legislation that created Councils on Developmental Disabilities.
- Gov. Haslam: March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
- ABLE TN - New Savings Program for People with Disabilities
- Review Draft State Plan 2017-2021
- Input Wanted: TennCare's Revised Transition Plan for HCBS settings rule
- Employment First Task Force Report
- Comments on Amendment 27 (Employment and Community First CHOICES)