Jobs4tn.Gov Upgraded with New Features
MORE THAN 80,000 TN JOBS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON ENHANCED WEBSITE
NASHVILLE - Tennessee job seekers and employers now have a more powerful tool in searching for jobs and job candidates, the result of an upgrade to the Jobs4TN.gov website. The revisions now allow users to customize their workspaces, to expand database searches and how they are saved, and to share jobs through e-mail and the Career Network.
Jobs4TN Online was introduced in May 2012 as Tennessee’s premier job resource and currently has 84,969 Tennessee jobs available and 128,888 registered job seekers. The website is administered by the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development, and jobs are compiled from major job search engines, from job orders placed directly by Tennessee employers, and from corporate sites.
“This website has been very well received by those looking for work and by employers who are looking for qualified applicants,” said Labor Commissioner Burns Phillips. “This system has more Tennessee jobs, more labor information, and more resources for employers than any other source online.”
Significant changes to Jobs4TN.gov include the following:
- Options to search and display employers in an area regardless of job openings. Job seekers can then download the data to an Excel spreadsheet.
- All users can now quickly access a range of services from My Dashboard, including the latest labor market information for occupations and related job postings.
- Green jobs and those with a bright outlook are highlighted throughout all occupation listings.
- A new communications profile includes alerts for employer and job-seeker messages.
- The Career Network allows individuals to communicate by internal messaging and e-mail with employers and other job seekers with similar occupational objectives.
- Advanced Job Search by Skills now includes search by job skills, workplace skills, and work interests.
- Résumé and Candidate search tools now include the ability for the employer to search by desired occupation, employment history, and veteran status.
- The Job Order Wizard has been enhanced, including the ability to identify certifications and completed questions in the job application requirements. Additionally, employers can use the Wizard to quickly upload mass job openings.
In addition to the improvements, login security was also updated. As a result, job seekers and employers will be required to change their password to include special characters and numbers. Visit Jobs4TN Online at http://www.jobs4tn.gov/.
-# # #-