West Tennessee Construction February 20-27, 2013
BENTON COUNTY I-40: All lanes are open at this time. Work will resume in the Spring of 2013.
Resurfacing beginning east of SR-191 (approximately mile marker 131) and extending to west of the Tennessee River on I-40 near Birdsong Road (approximately mile marker 134) at the Tennessee River Bridge.
BENTON COUNTY SR-147: Bridge repair work over Sugar Creek at log mile 0.27 will cause a reduction of lanes in both directions from two lanes to one. There will be an 11’ width restriction throughout the duration of the project. Closures will be handled by a temporary traffic signal.
CHESTER COUNTY SR-22: Bridge repair work will cause State Route 22 at log mile 3.91 to be reduced to one lane over Middleton Creek. A signal system has been installed to direct traffic until bridge repairs are complete,
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-57: Grading, drainage, and paving on State Route 57 including construction of a bridge over Norfolk Southern Railroad. Traffic is now on the new bridge, mainline is OPEN.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-76: Grading, drainage, and paving on State Route 76 over Overflow and North Fork Wolf River for construction of 2 bridges. Grading, drainage, and paving on State Route 76 for construction of a bridge over Overflow and a box bridge over Branch. Traffic is controlled with a temporary signal and is reduced to one lane in each direction.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-194: Six (6) bridges are being replaced on State Route 194 between State Route 57 and State Route 15 (US-64). Construction has begun on all segments of this project. This will cause a reduction in lanes from two to one every day by the use of temporary signals at the Wolf River and overflow bridges. Construction activities are completed at two of the bridges log mile 8.51 & 9.27. Motorists should watch for construction vehicles entering and exiting the work zones.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-194: Four (4) bridges are being replaced on State Route 194 between State Route 15 (US-64)
and State Route 59. Both lanes of traffic are open with no width restriction. Motorists should watch for construction vehicle entering and exiting the work zones.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-76: (Recovery Act Project) Intermittent lane closures northbound and southbound may occur in various locations throughout the project. All lanes are OPEN to traffic. Motorists are advised to travel with extreme caution.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-104: A widening project from west of State Route 188 to Milligan Lane and Gumwoods Road will result in temporary lane closures each day. Traffic has been shifted from east of State Route 188 to the proposed eastbound lanes. Utility work is ongoing. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-185: Bridge repair work on State Route 185 over WTNN Railroad has the northbound lane currently closed and being controlled by a temporary traffic signal.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-186: A six (6) bridge replacement project over Hog Creek at log mile 6.48, Parker Branch at log mile 11.87, and Branches log mile 9.62, 12.01, 12.77, and 13.77. Roadway is open to traffic with possible temporary lane closures. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-445: A bridge replacement project on State Route 445 over Branch, including grade, drain and paving. Roadway is open to traffic with possible temporary lane closures. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
HARDEMAN COUNTY, SR-15: A widening project between East of Margin Street to near Hornsby Loop Road will result in a lane shift during the week. Grading work is in progress on south side of State Route 15. Traffic has been shifted to the proposed west bound lanes. Utility work is in progress.
HARDIN COUNTY, SR-15: Bridge repair work on State Route 15 (US-64) over the Tennessee River will result in lane closures eastbound and westbound each day, for the duration of this project. The roadway will be down to one lane in each direction.
HARDIN COUNTY, SR-114: Bridge Repair over the Tennessee River at log mile 3.22 at Clifton.
- Wednesday February 20 through Wednesday February 27: There will be lane shifts eastbound and westbound on SR-114, with flagmen, for bridge repair work.
HENDERSON COUNTY, SR-20: A widening project on State Route 20 (US-412) from State Route 114 to the Decatur County Line will result in temporary lane closures every day. All traffic has been shifted to westbound lanes throughout the project. Wallace Road, Boren Road and Union Baptist are now OPEN. Flagmen will be present. Motorists are advised to use caution when going through a construction project.
HENRY COUNTY, SR-76 (US-79): Installation of a new walking bridge over Tyson Avenue. The bridge will be located between the current HCMC entrance and the new Bethel/HCMC facility. This section will be CLOSED starting
January 07, 2013 until February 19, 2013. Detour route will be posted along US-641 to State Route 356 (East Wood Street). Alternate truck detour will be posted along State Route 218.
LAKE COUNTY, SR-22: A widening project on State Route 22, south of State Route 21 in Tiptonville to existing State Route 22 (Cates Landing Rd.). Contractor is forming and pouring headwall and catchbasins. Motorists are advised to use caution when going through a construction project.
LAKE/OBION COUNTY, Reelfoot Lake on SR-21: All work at this time is on the spillway structure. Crews are now engaged in resubmission and reiteration of the hoist assembly. Crews are staking and planting trees.
MADISON COUNTY, I-40 between Mile Marker 78-Mile Marker 79:
· Wednesday February 20 through Wednesday February 27: Daytime bridge repair work over the West TN Railroad is ongoing. The contractor will be working behind the barrier rail, near Exit 79. Lane shifts and inside shoulder closed, speed limit reduced to 60 MPH, in eastbound and westbound direction.
MCNAIRY COUNTY, SR-224: Grading, drainage, construction of a box beam bridge and paving on State Route 224 over Melton Creek. Roadway is OPEN to traffic. Flagmen will be present daily. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
MCNAIRY COUNTY, SR-224: Grading, drainage, construction of three (3) box beam bridges and paving on State Route 224 over Owl Creek, Lick Creek and Clarey Creek. Roadway is OPEN to traffic at Owl Creek and Clarey Creek. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
MCNAIRY COUNTY, SR-224: Grading, drainage, construction of a concrete box beam bridge and paving on State Route 224 over Graham Creek at log mile 10.61, will result in temporary lane closures daily. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
OBION COUNTY, Future I-69: Grading, drainage, construction of 9 bridges, and paving on Future I-69 south of State Route 5/State Route 22 to west of State Route 21. Motorists are advisd to travel with caution.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-55:
- Wednesday February 27, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p. m.: There will be temporary lane closures I-55 (MM 6.47) over Cane Creek. There will be one lane closed, two lanes will remain open, northbound & southbound in each direction, for asbestos collection in concrete.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-55: Grading, drainage, paving at the existing Welcome Center. Welcome Center is CLOSED.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-55 at Mallory Avenue:
· Wednesday February 20 through Wednesday February 27, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p. m.: There will be intermittent lane closures southbound and northbound, inside and outside lanes, (MM 9.0 to MM 8.0), for installation of raised pavement markers, final striping and cross-sectioning. Two southbound and two northbound lanes will remain open. Exit 9 (Mallory Exit) is OPEN to traffic.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-40 Bridge over MS River Phase 8:
- Wednesday February 20 through Wednesday February 27: The left (inside) shoulder of Ramp J, the exit ramp for westbound Interstate 40 to Second Street, will be closed for about six months. Ramp J will remain open at all times. Work includes: installation of tie-down anchors for the footing at IL 12 (on the bank of the Wolf River Basin), installation of structural steel along Ramps D, construction of pier caps on Ramps D and NO, installation of CIDH piles under the main line between Main Street and Third Street, and construction of new footings, retrofitting columns and pier caps on the main line between Main Street and Third Street.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-40 Bridge over MS River Phase 9:
· Wednesday February 20 through Wednesday February 27: Contractor has closed the outer most lane of the eastbound side of Interstate 40. The closure is located from approximately station 181+00 to 211+00. The closure is required for safe access and egress for seismic retrofit on the Arkansas approach of the Hernando DeSoto Bridge. Contractor is reconstructing foundations, columns and pier caps under the bridge approach structure. The lane closure is anticipated to remain in place until December 2013.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-240 North of SR-385 to North of Walnut Grove Rd.: Grading, drainage, and paving on I-240. Installation and construction of walls continue. Traffic has been switched to new temporary exit ramp on EB 240 to travel Walnut Grove. Intermittent lane closures will occur throughout the project. Caissons and posts for Noise wall 2 have been installed to Shady Grove Rd. Panels are currently being installed from Walnut Grove Rd. south towards Shady Grove. The moment slab for wall 4B has been completed. Permanent stabilization of slope behind retaining wall 5 has been accomplished. Retaining wall 7B is 90% complete with the exception of moment slab/coping. The box culvert extension @ Sta. 675 of WB 240 is currently under construction. Clearing for walls 10 and 11 has been done. Wall 14 south of Park Ave. is 90% complete. Excavation and leveling pad for portion of Retaining wall 13 south of Park has begun. Drainage structures between Walnut Grove and Shady Grove is ongoing. Due to the holidays and weather there has been a small change. Retaining wall 7B just south of Walnut Grove is 95% complete. Noise wall 2 from Walnut Grove south is 35% complete. Forms for moment slabs on Retaining wall 7A (North of Shady Grove) and wall 4A (North of Poplar) are being installed. Drainage structures @ EB 240 and Walnut Grove exit are being installed. The box culvert extension @ Sta. 675 of WB 240 has been completed. Wall 13 south of Park Ave. on WB 240 is 15% complete. Boring for electrical conduit for High Mast lighting is to begin this week at Poplar interchange. Motorist are advised to travel with caution.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR-1 (US-51, Danny Thomas Blvd.) over I-40:
- Wednesday February 20 through Monday March 04: Bridge repair work over I-40 in Memphis at log mile 3.11. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
- Wednesday February 20 through Monday March 04: There will be a temporary lane closure on
I-40 westbound Danny Thomas (SR-1) ramp and bridge. The contractor currently has deceleration lane closed and ramp 1C CLOSED three lanes are open. Eastbound I-40 contractor has part of the deceleration closed. Traffic can still decelerate and properly make a safe exit.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR-57 (US-72 Poplar Ave.) Miller Farms Rd. to Dogwood Rd.
· Wednesday February 20 through Wednesday February 27: Intermittent lane closures will be used as needed on eastbound and westbound Poplar Avenue/SR-57 between Riverdale (MM 11.0) and Kimbrough (MM 13.0. Also, intermittent lane closures will be used as needed on NB/SB Germantown Road/SR-177 and NB/SB West Street (SR-177)/Farmington. One lane will remain open in each direction.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR-86 (US-72): Grading, drainage and paving on State Route 86 (US-72) for a widening project that includes construction of a box beam bridge, north of Quinn Road to State Route 57 (Poplar Avenue) in Collierville. On June 04, Sycamore Road at State Route 86/US-72 was closed but with access for residence on Sycamore Road from East Shelby Drive. A detour route is posted.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR 385: Between State Route 57 and State Route 193, grading, drainage, and bridge construction on State Route 385 from State Route 57 Poplar Ave. in Piperton to State Route 193 Macon Rd. in Fisherville. The contractor is currently finishing work on this project. Trucks maybe entering the highway in the area of State Route 193 (Macon Road) and State Route 385 intersection. Motorists are advised to travel with caution through construction projects.
SHELBY COUNTY, US-61 (SR-14) beginning at South Parkway and extending to McLemore Avenue, & bridge over the Illinois Central Railroad
· Wednesday February 20 through Wednesday February 27: This section of roadway was CLOSED
August 15, 2012. Northbound traffic has been diverted east along South Parkway, North onto Latham and West along McLemore. Third Street has been reduced to one lane in each direction south of McLemore approaching the bridge at which point, southbound Third Street is diverted east along Lucy Street, South along Latham and West onto South Parkway. Motorist may also utilize Florida Street in lieu of (which parallels Latham) Latham. Also, Patton Street on the south side of South Parkway is CLOSED. Dement's subcontractor has started demolition of the bridge on the south end of the project and Shelby Electric has removed light poles off the bridge. Parsons suggested and installed Florida Street as a truck route because of the difficulties with the turning radii along the Latham Street Detour. Parsons has suggested a minor change to eastbound McLemore due to truck traffic making a left turn on to northbound Third Street. The City of Memphis increased the timing for the eastbound traffic and that seems to be sufficient at this time. Biggs, the subcontractor performing the bridge demolition which is working 95% complete. Parson's is contacting the City of Memphis Sewer Division concerning the sewer line conflict with the bridge footing. The City is prepared to reroute the sewer when it becomes necessary. Ferrell is preparing to install new box culvert at the concrete channel.
TDOT REGION 4 On-Call Guardrail
Wednesday February 20 through Wednesday February 27, 8:00 p. m-6:00 a. m.: There will be night time lane closures at the following locations, for the repair of damaged guardrail.
- I-40, Carroll County, eastbound (MM 116.0 to MM 118.0), one lane will remain open.
- I-40, Henderson/Carroll/Decatur Counties, eastbound & westbound (MM 100.0 to MM 122.0), one lane will remain open. Also, this will include a temporary ramp closure for I-40 eastbound @ Exit 108.
Region 4 On-Call Signing (Law Signs, Inc.)
Tuesday February 26 & Wednesday February 27, 8:00 p. m.-6:00 a.m.: There will be night time lane closures at the following locations, for the repair of damaged signs.
- I-55, Shelby County, around Exit 12C/Metal Museum Drive, northbound & southbound, two lanes will remain open.
TDOT REGION 4 On-Call Pavement Repair
Friday February 22, 8:00 p. m. through Monday February 25, 6:00 a.m.: There will be night time lane closures at the following locations, for the repair of damaged concrete.
- I-40, Shelby County westbound (MM 5.00 to MM 3.75), two left lanes closed, two lanes will remain open. Work will consist of concrete repairs on the mainline. The contractor will begin sawing of concrete, removing slabs, re-pouring of concrete and curing on new concrete during the weekend.
Monday February 25 through Wednesday February 27, 8:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m: (I-40/I-240 eastbound ramp Exit 8, to SR-14 North Austin Peay). Flagmen will be directing traffic on ramp while repairs on ramp are being made. One ramp lane will remain open, one ramp lane will be closed. The contractor will be sawing and replacing deteriorated concrete areas.
NOTE-Weekend lane closures will continue each week on I-40 in the two westbound lanes from (MM 5.0 to MM 3.75) for sawing of concrete, removal of slabs, re-pouring on concrete and curing time. Two I-40 lanes will remain open at all times. Eastbound Exit 8 work will continue during the week nights.
- Wednesday February 20 through Wednesday February 27, 9:00 a. m.-4:00 p. m.: There will be possible lane closures at various locations in Region IV in order to patch potholes on an as needed basis.
TIPTON COUNTY, US-51 (SR-3): Bridge repair work northbound over Big Creek log mile 1.66 will result in temporary lane closures each day, for the duration of this project. Beginning February 14, 2013 there will be with a 11’ 3” width restriction and speed limit wlll be reduced to 45 MPH, for the duration of the project. One lane will remain open.
TIPTON COUNTY SR-384: Construction of a concrete box beam bridge over drainage ditch log mile 7.08, including grading, drainage, and paving. Temporary traffic light was turned on November 26, 2012 and will remain on until completion of project. The northbound lane will be CLOSED. There will be one 11’ lane on bridge.
For more information on TDOT road construction projects or to view travel conditions visit the TDOT SmartWay Information System web site (http://www.tn.gov/tdot/tdotsmartway/). Motorists can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone to access up to date traffic conditions. TDOT is also now on Twitter. For up to date traffic tweets for the Jackson & Memphis areas follow Memphis511 (http://twitter.com/memphis511). For statewide traffic information follow TN511 (http://twitter.com/TN511). Also, for smart phone users, TDOT has a new mobile site that provides simple and easy access to TDOT's SmartWay cameras, message boards, accident information, and construction information. Go to: http://m.tdot.tn.gov/SmartWay/
Motorists are reminded to use all motorist information tools responsibly. Drivers should refrain from texting, tweeting or using a mobile phone while operating a vehicle. TDOT advises drivers to “Know before you go!” by checking traffic conditions before leaving for your destination. All scheduled work is subject to change due to adverse weather conditions or other conditions beyond the control of the contractor.