TDOC Sponsor Victim Impact Awareness Events
NASHVILLE – In recognition of Victim Impact Awareness Week, the Department of Correction will sponsor a series of events at prisons across the state to draw attention to the impact of crime on victims. “Crime can have a devastating effect on families and entire communities. We work to ensure offenders understand the full consequences of their actions on the people who are harmed,” Commissioner Derrick Schofield said. The 2013 Victim Impact Awareness Walks are scheduled at the following locations:
- Charles Bass Correctional Complex (CBCX) – October 2 at 9:00 a.m.
- Morgan County Correctional Complex (MCCX) – October 2 at 11:00 a.m.
- Northwest Correctional Complex (NWCX) – October 3 at 8:30 a.m.
- Northeast Correctional Complex (NECX) – October 3 at 10:00 a.m.
- Bledsoe County Correctional Complex (BCCX) – October 3 at 1:30 p.m.
- DeBerry Special Needs Facility (SPND) – October 4 at 8:00 a.m.
- Riverbend Maximum Security Institution (RMSI) – October 4 at 9:00 a.m.
- Tennessee Prison for Women (TPFW) – October 4 at 1:00 p.m.
- West Tennessee State Prison (WTSP) – October 4 at 1:30 p.m.
The events also provide an opportunity for offenders to give back by raising funds to support victim advocacy.