West Tennessee Construction September 26-October 3, 2012
BENTON COUNTY US-70 (SR-1): Bridge repair work over Hunting Creek log mile 0.43 will cause a reduction in both directions from two lanes to one. There will be a 12’ width restriction throughout the duration of the project. Closures will be handled by a temporary traffic signal.
BENTON COUNTY-Resurfacing I-40 beginning east of SR-191 LM-7.20 and extending to west of the Tennessee River LM-8.20 & on I-40 near Birdsong Road LM-6.51 to LM-7.20 & at the Tennessee River bridge from LM-8.20 to LM-8.44:
• Sunday September 30 through Friday October 5, 7:00 p. m.-6:00 a. m.: There will be temporary night time lane closures eastbound and westbound (MM 133.0 to MM 135.0), for cold planning operations, one lane will remain open. THP will assist with traffic control.
BENTON COUNTY SR-147: Bridge repair work over Sugar Creek log mile 0.27 will cause a reduction in both directions from two lanes to one. There will be a 11’ width restriction throughout the duration of the project. Closures will be handled by a temporary traffic signal.
CARROLL COUNTY SR-22: Resurfacing work will cause temporary lane closures every day beginning at State Route 22 Bypass log mile 11.70 and extending to north of Shiloh Road log mile 23.00.
CHESTER COUNTY SR-22: Bridge repair work will cause State Route 22 log mile 3.91 to be reduced to one lane over Middleton Creek. A signal system has been installed to direct traffic until bridge repairs are complete,
FAYETTE COUNTY US-64 (SR-15): Resurfacing work will cause temporary lane closures beginning at the Shelby County line log mile 0.00 and extending to west of Oakcliff log mile 6.26.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-57: Grading, drainage, I-beam bridge, three (3) box beam bridges, paving on State Route 57, West of Neville Road over Norfolk Southern Railroad log mile 1.61 to east of Wolf Creek Tributary. A temporary run-around which is being used to maintain traffic while a new bridge over the Norfolk Southern Railroad is constructed. Due to the amount of rail traffic on this new rail line, delays are expected.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-76: Grading, drainage, two (2) I-beam bridges, paving on State Route 76 over overflow log mile 0.55 and North Fork Wolf River log mile 0.74 and Grading, drainage, I-beam bridge, and paving on State Route 76 over overflow log mile 0.93 and Box bridge over branch log mile 2.04. Traffic is controlled with a temporary signal at log mile 0.55 through log mile 0.93 and log mile 2.04. Traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-194: Six (6) bridges are being replaced on State Route 194 between State Route 57 and State Route 15. Construction has begun on all segments of this project. This will cause a reduction in lanes from two to one every day due to the use of temporary signals at the Wolf River and overflow bridges. Construction activities are completed at the bridges at log mile 8.51 and 9.27. Motorists should watch for construction vehicle entering and exiting the work zones.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-194: Four (4) bridges are being replaced on State Route 194 between State Route 15 (US-64)
and State Route 59. Both lanes are now open to traffic at log mile 21.71 and 21.91 with no width restriction. There is still
a width restriction in place at log mile 19.74 and 19.63.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-76: (Recovery Act Project) A widening project from State Route 43 to the Carroll County line will result in temporary lane closures each day. Traffic has been shifted to north bound lanes. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-104: A widening project from west of State Route 188 to Milligan Lane and Gumwoods Road will result in temporary lane closures each day. Contractor is currently hauling dirt, rock and structures are being constructed. Utility work is ongoing. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-152: Bridge repair work on State Route 152 over Dry Branch at log mile 15.22 is now OPEN to traffic. Contractor is working on corrective items.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-185: Bridge repair work on State Route 185 over WTNN Railroad at log mile 1.38. Southbound lane is currently closed. Closures will be handled by a temporary traffic signal.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-186: A six (6) bridge replacement project over Hog Creek at log mile 6.48, Parker Branch at log mile 11.87, and Branches log mile 9.62, 12.01, 12.77, and 13.77. Traffic has been switched to east bound lanes, Phase II. Traffic will be controlled with temporary traffic signals. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-445: Grading, paving, construction of box bridge and paving on State Route 445 over branch
log mile 1.46. Traffic has been shifted back to State Route 445. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
HARDEMAN COUNTY, SR-15: Between East of Margin Street to near Hornsby Loop Road a widening project will result in a lane shift during the week. Grading work in progress on south side of State Route 15. Traffic has been shifted to the proposed west bound lanes. Utility work in progress.
HARDIN COUNTY, SR-15: Bridge repair work on State Route 15 (US-64) over the Tennessee River log mile 6.29 will result in lane closures eastbound and westbound each day, for the duration of this project. Roadway will be down to one lane.
HAYWOOD COUNTY, SR-76: Resurfacing work will cause temporary lane closures beginning at State Route 179 log mile 5.57 and extending to Sunny Hill Road log mile 9.84. Watch for flagmen. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
HENDERSON COUNTY, SR-20: A widening project on State Route 20 (US-412) from State Route 114 to the Decatur County Line will result in temporary lane closures every day. Flagmen will be present. Working on Phase II will cause lane shifts from log mile 19.79 to Decatur County line. Wallace Road, Boren Road and Union Baptist are now OPEN. Motorists are advised to use caution when going through a construction project.
HENDERSON COUNTY, SR-104: Resurfacing work will cause temporary lane closures beginning at State Route 100 log mile 29.45 and extending to the Hardin County line log mile 37.38. Paving operations are complete. Contractor is installing guardrail, pavement markings, snowplowable markers and shoulder gravel.
LAKE COUNTY, SR-22: A widening project on State Route 22, south of State Route 21 in Tiptonville to existing State Route 22 (Cates Landing Rd.) There will temporary lane closures to allow for roadway construction. Flagmen will be used to direct traffic.
LAKE/OBION COUNTY, Reelfoot Lake on SR-21: Grading, drainage, construction of I-beam bridge and paving. All work at this time is on the spillway structure. Crews are now engaged in resubmission and reiteration of the hoist assembly.
MADISON COUNTY, I-40 between MM 78.0-MM 79.0:
• Wednesday September 26 through Wednesday October 3: Ongoing (daytime) bridge repair work over the West TN Railroad. The contractor will be working behind the barrier rail.
MADISON COUNTY, US-45 (SR-5):
• Sunday September 30 through Friday October 5, 8:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m.: Resurfacing work will cause temporary night time lane closures for the installation of permanent markings at the intersections from Stephens Street log mile 13.60 to Baltimore Street log mile 11.50. Also, there will be paving operations from Tamyard Street @ LM-11.95 to Chester Levee Road @ log mile 8.29. THP will be there to assist with traffic control.
MADISON COUNTY, SR-198: Resurfacing work will cause temporary lane closures from White Fern Road log mile 10.07 and extending to State Route 197 log mile 13.34.
MCNAIRY COUNTY, SR-224: Grading, drainage, construction of a box beam bridge and paving on State Route 224 over Melton Creek log mile 23.80. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
MCNAIRY COUNTY, SR-224: Grading, drainage, construction of two (2) box beam bridges and paving on State Route 224 over Owl Creek log mile 4.99 and Lick Creek log mile 13.96 & grading, drainage, construction of a box beam bridge and paving on State Route 224 over Clarey Creek log mile 12.57. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
OBION COUNTY, Future I-69: Grading, drainage, construction of 9 bridges, and paving on Future I-69 beginning 0.31 mile south of State Route 5/State Route 22 to 0.78 mile west of State Route 21. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
OBION COUNTY, SR-3: Resurfacing work will cause temporary lane closures northbound beginning at ramp to State Route 22 log mile 22.50 and extending to south of US-45E (State Route 215) log mile 30.00.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-55: Grading, drainage, paving at the existing Welcome Center. Welcome Center is CLOSED.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-40 Bridge over MS River Phase 8
• Wednesday September 26 through Wednesday October 3: Ramp IL, the westbound entrance ramp located just east of the arch spans and which carries traffic from Front Street to Westbound Interstate 40, was closed for about six months. It was opened on July 19, 2012. The left (inside) shoulder of Ramp J, the exit ramp for westbound Interstate 40 to Second Street, will be closed for about six months. Ramp J will remain open at all times. Ramp D, is the I-40 Westbound Entrance Ramp from Riverside Drive was opened September 21, 2012. Ramp E, the eastbound entrance ramp from Riverside Drive, was opened September 21, 2012 Working on tie-down anchors for the footing at IL-12 (on the bank of the Wolf River Basin). Installing structural steel along Ramp D. Continue drilling and installing CIDH piles under the main line between Main Street and Third Street. Constructing new footings, retrofitting columns and installing pier caps, installing structural steel on the main line between Main Street and Third Street.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-40 Bridge over MS River Phase 9:
• Wednesday September 26 through Wednesday October 3: Contractor has closed the outer most lane of the eastbound side of Interstate 40. The traffic control devices were installed and the lane closed on July 06 at approximately 7:00 a. m. The closure is located from approximately station 181+00 to 211+00. The purpose of the closure is for the removal of the guardrail, the construction of the access road, and the ability to have safe access and egress from the road to I-40. The closure will remain in place until the access road is no longer in use and the phase work on I-40 begins. Contractor is working on footing retrofit, which includes the installation of pipe piles and micro piles. Group C W-20-pile driving is complete, auguring out piles in preparation for installing rebar spiral. W-19-installing column rebar. W-18 driving production piles. Epoxying rebar in various columns in Group C. Group D W-21 drilling micro piles. W-23 preparing foundation excavation to drive piles TRC has authorized the Contractor to install more micro piles for four additional piers in case of settlement.
SHELBY COUNTY, Bridge Construction SR-3 (US-51/Thomas Street at Wolf River)
• Wednesday September 26 through Wednesday October 3: Roadway was OPEN to traffic
September 4, 2012. There will be possible lane closures while corrective items are made.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR-86 (US-72): Grading, drainage, box beam bridge, 4 retaining walls, paving on State Route 86 (US-72) 0.1 miles north of Quinn Road to State Route 57 (Poplar Avenue) in Collierville. Beginning Monday June 4: Sycamore Road @ State Route 86/US-72 the road will be closed with access for residence on Sycamore Road from East Shelby Drive. Detour route will be posted.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR-57 (US-72 Poplar Ave.) Miller Farms Rd. to Dogwood Rd.
• Wednesday September 26 through Wednesday October 3: One lane of both eastbound and westbound Poplar Avenue/SR-57 in Germantown will be closed throughout the duration of the project. One lane of Poplar Avenue/SR-57 will remain open in each direction at all times. Also, one lane of NB/SB Farmington and NB West Street will be closed throughout the duration of this project.
• Wednesday September 26 through Wednesday October 3, 7:00 a. m.-6:00 p. m.: The southbound (MM 3.0-MM 3.1) lane of Germantown Road/SR-177, and the northbound lane of Germantown Road, will be closed, as needed. One lane will remain open in each direction.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR 385: Between State Route 57 and State Route 193, grading, drainage, and bridge construction of State Route 385 from State Route 57 Poplar Ave. in Piperton to State Route 193 Macon Rd. in Fisherville. The contractor is currently finishing work on this project. Trucks maybe entering the highway in the area of State Route 193 (Macon Road) and State Route 385 intersection.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-55 at Mallory Avenue: I-55 is reduced to two lanes in each direction. Currently there is access to
Mallory Avenue (Exit 9) from Northbound I-55. The NEW northbound lanes at I-55 are open to traffic.
• Wednesday September 26 through Wednesday October 3, 9:00 a. m.-3:00 p. m.: There will be intermittent lane closures southbound (MM 9.0 to MM 8.0) in order to perform work on Interstate Bridge 2 & 4. One southbound lane will remain open. Exit 9 (SB) Mallory Exit will remain closed with traffic being detoured to Exit 8 (Horn Lake Exit).
SHELBY COUNTY, I-240 North of SR-385 to North of Walnut Grove Rd.: Grading, drainage,15 retaining walls, 2 noise barrier noise barrier walls and paving on I-240. The dirt contractor is in the process of getting subgrade for CD Road 1 to grade. The old concrete ramp 15A has been removed and grading for new ramp is proceeding. Wall 2 which is located along ramp 15 F is approximately 80% complete. The moment slab and columns for Noise Wall 1 in the area of retaining wall 5 is currently under construction. The excavation and undercut for portion of retaining Wall 7B at Walnut Grove has been done and leveling pad and wall construction should begin shortly. Drainage structures as well as panels are continuing at Wall 4A along ramp 15E. The excavation for CD road 2 of WB I-240 south of Shady Grove Road has begun.
SHELBY COUNTY-Bridge Repair on SR-14 over overflow LM-20.13, Wolf River LM-20.37, Ramp D over SR-14 LM-20.94 and James Road LM-20.67 (Dement)
• Wednesday September 26 & Thursday September 27: There will be temporary lane closures, inside two lanes on northbound SR-14 from the exit ramp from I-40 westbound to the bridge over Stage Road. On Thursday traffic control devices will be removed from the northbound side. On Thursday September 27, the outside two lanes on SR-14 southbound will be closed from the bridge over Stage Road to the exit ramp to go westbound in I-40. Two lanes will remain open in the southbound direction.
SHELBY COUNTY - Gr, dr, pave US-61 (SR-14) beginning at South Parkway and extending to McLemore Avenue, & bridge over the Illinois Central Railroad LM-9.68
• Wednesday September 26 through Wednesday October 3: This section of roadway was CLOSED August 15, 2012. Northbound traffic has been diverted east along South Parkway, North onto Latham and West along McLemore. Third Street has been reduced to one lane in each direction south of McLemore approaching the bridge at which point, southbound Third Street is diverted east along Lucy Street, South along Latham and West onto South Parkway. Motorist may also utilize Florida Street in lieu of (which parallels Latham) Latham. Also, Patton Street on the south side of South Parkway is CLOSED. Dement’s subcontractor has started demolition of the bridge on the south end of the project and Shelby Electric has begun removing light poles off the bridge. Parsons suggested and installed Florida Street a truck route because the difficulties with turning radii along the Latham Street Detour. Biggs the subcontractor performing the bridge demolition on the east side from the Railroad to the concrete channel.
SHELBY COUNTY SR-14 -Bridge Repair on over Industrial Ave. & ICRR LM-7.68 & SR-3 over overflow LM-20.35
• Wednesday September 26 through Tuesday October 2: The northbound inside lane on SR-3 (US-51) will be closed in both directions. Traffic will be merged into the inside lane at the beginning of the closure and then shifted into the outside lane. One lane will remain open in each direction.
TDOT REGION 4 On-Call Guardrail
Wednesday September 26 through Wednesday October 03: There are no scheduled closures.
TDOT REGION 4 Replenishing of Snowplowable Pavement Markers
• Sunday September 30 through Friday October 5, 6:00 PM-6:00 AM: There will be night time “rolling“ lane closures at the following locations, for the relensing of snowplowable pavement markers.
• I-40, Benton County eastbound and westbound (MM 132.0 to MM 126.0), one lane will remain open.
• I-40, Carroll County eastbound and westbound (MM 120.4 to MM 119.6), one lane will remain open.
• I-40, Decatur County eastbound and westbound (MM 126.0 to MM 120.4), one lane will remain open.
• I-40, Henderson County eastbound and westbound (MM 119.6 to MM 95.0), one lane will remain open.
• I-40, Madison County eastbound and westbound (MM 95.0 to MM 74.0), one lane will remain open.
• Wednesday September 26 through Wednesday October 3: There will be possible lane closures at various locations in Region IV in order to patch potholes on an as needed basis.
TIPTON COUNTY SR-3: Between State Route-384 (Industrial Road North) log mile 19.83 to log mile 20.30, Intersection improvements will cause temporary lane closures.
TIPTON COUNTY SR-3: There will be temporary lane closures northbound and southbound at the intersection of Charles Smith Street in Covington, for paving operations.
WEAKLEY COUNTY SR-54: Resurfacing work will cause temporary lane closures in both directions, beginning at US-45E/State Route 43 log mile 0.00 and extending to Cane Creek Bridge log mile 6.21.
For more information on TDOT road construction projects or to view travel conditions visit the TDOT SmartWay Information System web site (http://www.tn.gov/tdot/tdotsmartway/). Motorists can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone to access up to date traffic conditions. TDOT is also now on Twitter. For up to date traffic tweets for the Jackson & Memphis areas follow Memphis511 (http://twitter.com/memphis511). For statewide traffic information follow TN511 (http://twitter.com/TN511). Also, for smart phone users, TDOT has a new mobile site that provides simple and easy access to TDOT's SmartWay cameras, message boards, accident information, and construction information. Go to: http://m.tdot.tn.gov/SmartWay/
Motorists are reminded to use all motorist information tools responsibly. Drivers should refrain from texting, tweeting or using a mobile phone while operating a vehicle. TDOT advises drivers to “Know before you go!” by checking traffic conditions before leaving for your destination. All scheduled work is subject to change due to adverse weather conditions or other conditions beyond the control of the contractor.