Middle Tennessee Construction Report March 1-7th, 2012
Thursday, March 01, 2012 | 05:08am
Middle Tennessee Construction
March 1st – March 7th, 2012
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Repair of 14 Bridges over I-440
- Thursday March 1 through Wednesday March 7, 9AM-3PM, There will be shoulder closures on I-440 eastbound and westbound for bridge work.
- Thursday March 1 through Saturday March 3, 8PM-6AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-440 eastbound and westbound at Brightwood Rd. for bridge work.
- Sunday March 4 and Monday March 5, 8PM-6AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-440 eastbound and westbound at West End Ave. for bridge work.
- Tuesday March 6 and Wednesday March 7, 8PM-6AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-440 eastbound and westbound at Murphy Rd. for bridge work.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Widening of I-65 ramp to OHB
- Thursday March 1 and Sunday March 4, 9PM-5AM, The center turn lane of Old Hickory Blvd. westbound to I-65 southbound will be closed to install permanent striping.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Central Pike from US 70 to Stoners Creek
- Thursday March 1 through Wednesday March 7, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating lane closures on Central Pike from Lebanon Rd to Stoner’s Creek in order to perform grading work, place base stone, and install curb. Flaggers will be utilized.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Bridge Construction on Gallatin Rd. over the CSX Railroad
- From now through November 2012, Gallatin Rd. will be reduced to one lane in each direction in this area.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Widening of Waldron Road (Recovery Act Project)
- Thursday February 23 through Wednesday February 29: No closures scheduled.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Construction on SR 397 (Mack Hatcher Pkwy.) from south of SR 96 to SR 6
- Thursday March 1 through Wednesday March 7, 10AM-11AM and 1PM-2PM, There will be lane closures on SR 397 in order for the contractor to blast.
- Monday March 5 through Friday March 9, 9AM-3PM, The right lane of SR 96 from Sugartree Lane to Buckingham Circle will be closed in order to relocate power lines.
DAVIDSON/SUMNER COUNTIES, Miscellaneous Safety Improvements
Local Program Project-Gateway (Korean Veterans) Blvd.
- From now through December 2012, Traffic on 8th Ave. south and north will be reduced to one lane approaching the Lafayette St. intersection in order to construct roundabout.
WILSON COUNTY, Bridge Construction on Linwood Road over I-40
- Monday March 5 through Wednesday March 7, 9PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures onI-40 eastbound and westbound for bridgework.
WILSON COUNTY, SR-171 (Mt Juliet Road) Widening: (Recovery Act Project)
- Thursday March 1 and Wednesday March 7, 9AM–3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on Mt. Juliet Road (SR-171) northbound, from Division Street to Lebanon Rd. for installation of signal foundations and loops.
WILSON & SUMNER COUNTIES, Bridge Construction on SR 109 over the Cumberland River
- Thursday March 1 through Wednesday March 7, 8PM- 6AM, The northbound lane of SR 109 will be closed in order to pour concrete.
- Saturday March 3, 8PM through Monday March 5, 5AM, The northbound lane of SR 109 will be closed in order to pour concrete for seal footer for pier 7.
WILSON COUNTY, I-40 Widening from Central Pike to East of SR-109
- Sunday March 4 through Thursday March 8, 8PM-5AM, and Sunday March 11 through Thursday March 15, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures of the outside travel lane of I-40, both EB and WB (closures in one direction at a time only) from Central Pike to one mile east of SR 109 to drill test borings at various locations along the shoulder. At least one lane will remain open at all times.
DAVIDSON AND WILSON COUNTIES, Miscellaneous Safety Improvements
- Thursday March 1, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on the I-40 westbound ramp to SR 840 at LM 10.8 to LM 10.93 in order to install rumble stripes in Wilson County.
- Thursday March 1 through Wednesday March 7, (excluding weekends), 9AM-3PM, There will be possible lane closures at various locations on State Routes and Interstates in Middle Tennessee to patch potholes on an as needed basis:
I-24 Cheatham, Davidson, Montgomery and Robertson Counties
I-65 Davidson, Robertson, Williamson Counties
I-40 Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Hickman, Humphreys Counties
- Thursday March 1 through Wednesday March 7, (excluding weekends), 7PM-5AM, There will be one lane periodically closed on I-40 in both directions in Cheatham County between mile marker 186 and mile marker 192 in order to patch potholes in the concrete bridge decks. One lane will remain open.
- Thursday March 1 and Monday March 5 through Wednesday March 7, 7PM-1AM, I-40 eastbound on ramp from Murfreesboro Road to I-40 east will be closed for brush removal, ditch cleaning and drain cleaning.
Montgomery & Robertson Counties
- Thursday March 1 through Wednesday March 7, (excluding weekends), 9AM-12PM, There will be one lane periodically closed on I-24 in both directions in Robertson and Montgomery Counties to move equipment between mile marker 25 and mile marker 12 in order to trim vegetation overhanging the roadway. One lane will remain open.
- Thursday March 1, 9AM-3PM, There will alternating lane closures on State Route 253 (Concord Road) between mile marker 6.5 and mile marker 6.6 (Bluff Road) for paving. One lane will remain open.
TDOT Bridge Inspections
- Tuesday March 6, 8PM-4AM, I-24 westbound at mile marker 58.6 (over Mill Creek), two right lanes will be closed to repair potholes in bridge deck. The left lane and entrance ramp to I-24 will remain open.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity.
Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
For more information on this or any other TDOT road construction project or to view travel conditions in this area visit the TDOT SmartWay Information System web site ( http://www.tn.gov/tdot/tdotsmartway/ ). People can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone to access up to date traffic conditions, or visit www.TN511.com ( http://www.tn511.com/ ). TDOT is also now on Twitter. For up to date traffic tweets for the Nashville area follow Nashville511 ( http://twitter.com/nashville511 ) on Twitter. For statewide traffic tweets just follow TN511 ( http://twitter.com/TN511 ). Motorists are reminded to use all motorist information tools responsibly. Drivers should refrain from texting, tweeting or using a mobile phone while operating a vehicle. TDOT advises drivers to “Know before you go!” by checking traffic conditions before leaving for your destination.