West Tennessee Construction November 14-21, 2012
BENTON COUNTY I-40: All lanes are open at this time. Work will resume in the Spring of 2013. Resurfacing beginning east of SR-191 (approximately mile marker 131) and extending to west of the Tennessee River on I-40 near Birdsong Road (approximately mile marker 134) at the Tennessee River Bridge.
BENTON COUNTY SR-147: Bridge repair work over Sugar Creek at log mile 0.27 will cause a reduction of lanes in both directions from two lanes to one. There will be an 11’ width restriction throughout the duration of the project. Closures will be handled by a temporary traffic signal.
CHESTER COUNTY SR-22: Bridge repair work will cause State Route 22 at log mile 3.91 to be reduced to one lane over Middleton Creek. A signal system has been installed to direct traffic until bridge repairs are complete,
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-57: Grading, drainage, and paving on State Route 57 including construction of a bridge over Norfolk Southern Railroad. A temporary run-around is being used to maintain traffic while a new bridge over the Norfolk Southern Railroad is being constructed. Due to the amount of rail traffic on this new rail line, delays are expected.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-76: Grading, drainage, and paving on State Route 76 over Overflow and North Fork Wolf River for construction of 2 bridges. Grading, drainage, and paving on State Route 76 for construction of a bridge over Overflow and a box bridge over Branch. Traffic is controlled with a temporary signal and is reduced to one lane in each direction.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-194: Six (6) bridges are being replaced on State Route 194 between State Route 57 and State Route 15. Construction has begun on all segments of this project. This will cause a reduction in lanes from two to one every day due to the use of temporary signals at the Wolf River and overflow bridges. Construction activities are completed at the two of the bridges. Motorists should watch for construction vehicles entering and exiting the work zones.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-194: Four (4) bridges are being replaced on State Route 194 between State Route 15 (US-64)
and State Route 59. Both lanes of traffic are open with no width restriction. Motorists should watch for construction vehicle entering and exiting the work zones.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-76: (Recovery Act Project) Intermittent lane closures northbound and southbound may occur in various locations throughout the project. Motorists are advised to travel with extreme caution.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-104: A widening project from west of State Route 188 to Milligan Lane and Gumwoods Road will result in temporary lane closures each day. The contractor is currently hauling dirt, rock and structures are being constructed. Utility work is ongoing. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-185: Bridge repair work on State Route 185 over WTNN Railroad has the southbound lanes currently closed and being controlled by a temporary traffic signal.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-186: A six (6) bridge replacement project over Hog Creek, Parker Branch, and Branches will cause lane closures. Traffic has been switched to eastbound lanes. There will be intermittent lane closures with flagmen in three locations along the project. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-445: A bridge replacement project on State Route 445 over Branch, including grade, drain and paving. There will be temporary closures each day throughout the duration of this project. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
HARDEMAN COUNTY, SR-15: A widening project between East of Margin Street to near Hornsby Loop Road will result in a lane shift during the week. Grading work is in progress on south side of State Route 15. Traffic has been shifted to the proposed west bound lanes. Utility work is in progress.
HARDIN COUNTY, SR-15: Bridge repair work on State Route 15 (US-64) over the Tennessee River will result in lane closures eastbound and westbound each day, for the duration of this project. The roadway will be down to one lane.
HENDERSON COUNTY, SR-20: A widening project on State Route 20 (US-412) from State Route 114 to the Decatur County Line will result in temporary lane closures every day. Flagmen will be present. Wallace Road, Boren Road and Union Baptist are now OPEN. Motorists are advised to use caution when going through a construction project.
LAKE COUNTY, SR-22: A widening project on State Route 22, south of State Route 21 in Tiptonville to existing State Route 22 (Cates Landing Rd.) There will temporary lane closures to allow for roadway construction. Flagmen will be present and directing traffic. Motorists are advised to use caution when going through a construction project.
LAKE/OBION COUNTY, Reelfoot Lake on SR-21: All work at this time is on the spillway structure. Crews are now engaged in resubmission and reiteration of the hoist assembly.
MADISON COUNTY, I-40 between Mile Marker 78-Mile Marker 79:
• Wednesday November 14 through Wednesday November 21: Daytime bridge repair work over the West TN Railroad is ongoing. The contractor will be working behind the barrier rail. Both 10’ shoulders of I-40 will be closed in each direction while bridge repairs are being performed.
MCNAIRY COUNTY, SR-224: Grading, drainage, construction of a box beam bridge and paving on State Route 224 over Melton Creek. Roadway is OPEN to traffic. Flagmen will be present to direct traffic. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
MCNAIRY COUNTY, SR-224: Grading, drainage, construction of two (2) box beam bridges and paving on State Route 224 over Owl Creek, Lick Creek and Clarey Creek. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
OBION COUNTY, Future I-69: Grading, drainage, construction of 9 bridges, and paving on Future I-69 south of State Route 5/State Route 22 to west of State Route 21. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-55: Grading, drainage, paving at the existing Welcome Center. Welcome Center is CLOSED.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-55 at Mallory Avenue: I-55 is reduced to two lanes in each direction. Currently there is access to Mallory Avenue (Exit 9) from Northbound I-55. The NEW northbound lanes at I-55 are open to traffic.
• Wednesday November14 through Tuesday November 20, 9:00 a. m.-3:00 p. m.: There will be intermittent lane closures southbound and northbound (MM 9.0 to MM 8.0), for milling and paving operations. Exit 9 (SB) Mallory Exit will remain closed with traffic being detoured to Exit 8 (Horn Lake Exit).
• Wednesday November 21, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p. m.: There will be intermittent lane closures southbound and northbound (MM 9.0 to MM 8.0), for milling and paving operations. Exit 9 (SB) Mallory Exit will remain closed with traffic being detoured to Exit 8 (Horn Lake Exit).
SHELBY COUNTY, I-40 Bridge over MS River Phase 8
• Wednesday November 14 through Wednesday November 21: : The left (inside) shoulder of Ramp J, the exit ramp for westbound Interstate 40 to Second Street, will be closed for about six months. Ramp J will remain open at all times. Work includes: installation of tie-down anchors for the footing at IL-12(on the bank of the Wolf River Basin), installation of structural steel and pier cap construction along Ramps D and NO, backfill and compaction and installation of curbs, gutters and sidewalks along Ramps IL and D, installation of CIDH piles under the main line between Main Street and Third Street, and construction of new footings, retrofitting columns and pier caps on the main line between Main Street and Third Street.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-40 Bridge over MS River Phase 9:
• Wednesday November14 through Wednesday November 21: Contractor has closed the outer most lane of the eastbound side of Interstate 40. The closure is located from approximately station 181+00 to 211+00. The closure is required for safe access and egress for seismic retrofit on the Arkansas approach of the Hernando DeSoto Bridge. Contractor is reconstructing foundations, columns and pier caps under the bridge approach structure. The lane closure is anticipated to remain in place until December 2013.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-240 North of SR-385 to North of Walnut Grove Rd.: Grading, drainage, and paving on I-240. Installation and construction of walls continue. Traffic has been switched to new temporary exit ramp on EB 240 to travel Walnut Grove. Intermittent lane closures will occur throughout the project. Motorist are advised to travel carefully though construction projects.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR-57 (US-72 Poplar Ave.) Miller Farms Rd. to Dogwood Rd.
A widening project has caused lane closures for the duration of the project. The final paving work is underway with 2 lanes in each direction open to traffic and all three lanes will be open next week. There will continue to be temporary lane closures through the end of the year.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR-86 (US-72): Grading, drainage and paving on State Route 86 (US-72) for a widening project that includes construction of a box beam bridge, north of Quinn Road to State Route 57 (Poplar Avenue) in Collierville. On June 4, Sycamore Road at State Route 86/US-72 was closed but with access for residence on Sycamore Road from East Shelby Drive. A detour route was posted.
SHELBY COUNTY SR-14 -Bridge Repair over Industrial Ave. & ICRR and Overflow
• Wednesday November 14 through Wednesday November 21: The outside lane on SR-3 (US-51) will be closed in both directions. Traffic will be merged into the outside lane at the beginning of the closure and then shifted into the inside lane. One lane will remain open in each direction.
• Wednesday November 14 through Wednesday November 21: The northbound lane on SR-14 (Third Street) will be down to one lane and two lanes in the southbound direction between the intersection with Mallory Avenue and the I-55 junction. Southbound traffic will be in the two inside lanes. Northbound will be closed to one lane and shifted onto the outside southbound lane.
SHELBY COUNTY - US-61 (SR-14) beginning at South Parkway and extending to McLemore Avenue, & bridge over the Illinois Central Railroad Wednesday November 14 through Wednesday November 21: This section of roadway was CLOSED August 15, 2012 with a detour posted. Third Street has been reduced to one lane in each direction south of McLemore approaching the bridge at which point, southbound Third Street is diverted east along Lucy Street, south along Latham and West onto South Parkway. Motorist may also utilize Florida Street in lieu of (which parallels Latham) Latham. Patton Street on the south side of South Parkway is CLOSED. Motorists are advised to travel with caution through construction projects.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR 385: Between State Route 57 and State Route 193, grading, drainage, and bridge construction on State Route 385 from State Route 57 Poplar Ave. in Piperton to State Route 193 Macon Rd. in Fisherville. The contractor is currently finishing work on this project. Trucks maybe entering the highway in the area of State Route 193 (Macon Road) and State Route 385 intersection. Motorists are advised to travel with caution through construction projects.
TDOT REGION 4 On-Call Guardrail
Wednesday November 14 through Friday November 16, 8:00 a. m-6:00 a. m.: There will be night time lane closures at the following locations, for the repair of damaged guardrail.
• I-40, Shelby/Fayette Counties eastbound and westbound (MM 26.5 to MM 44.5), one lane will remain open.
• I-40, Shelby/Fayette Counties eastbound and westbound (MM 26.5 to MM 30.2), one lane will remain open.
• SR-385, Shelby County southbound (MM 6.0 to MM 7.0), one lane will remain open. Also, this will include a temporary ramp closures on the SR-385 “Off” ramp to I-40 Eastbound.
• Wednesday November 14through Tuesday November 20, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p. m.: There will be possible lane closures at various locations in Region IV in order to patch potholes on an as needed basis.
• Wednesday November 21, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p. m.: There will be possible lane closures at various locations in Region IV in order to patch potholes on an as needed basis.
TIPTON COUNTY SR-3: State Route-384 (Industrial Road North) Intersection improvements are being made and will cause temporary lane closures.
For more information on TDOT road construction projects or to view travel conditions visit the TDOT SmartWay Information System web site (http://www.tn.gov/tdot/tdotsmartway/). Motorists can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone to access up to date traffic conditions. TDOT is also now on Twitter. For up to date traffic tweets for the Jackson & Memphis areas follow Memphis511 (http://twitter.com/memphis511). For statewide traffic information follow TN511 (http://twitter.com/TN511). Also, for smart phone users, TDOT has a new mobile site that provides simple and easy access to TDOT's SmartWay cameras, message boards, accident information, and construction information. Go to: http://m.tdot.tn.gov/SmartWay/
Motorists are reminded to use all motorist information tools responsibly. Drivers should refrain from texting, tweeting or using a mobile phone while operating a vehicle. TDOT advises drivers to “Know before you go!” by checking traffic conditions before leaving for your destination. All scheduled work is subject to change due to adverse weather conditions or other conditions beyond the control of the contractor.
For More Information Contact:
Nichole Lawrence, Regional Community Relations Officer