West Tennessee Construction October 31-November 7, 2012
BENTON COUNTY US-70 (SR-1): Bridge repair work over Hunting Creek log mile 0.43. Roadway is OPEN to traffic. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
BENTON COUNTY I-40: Resurfacing beginning east of SR-191 LM-7.20 and extending to west of the Tennessee River LM-8.20 & on I-40 near Birdsong Road LM-6.51 to LM-7.20 & at the Tennessee River Bridge from LM-8.20 to LM-8.44:
BENTON COUNTY SR-147: Bridge repair work over Sugar Creek log mile 0.27 will cause a reduction in both directions from two lanes to one. There will be a 11’ width restriction throughout the duration of the project. Closures will be handled by a temporary traffic signal.
CHESTER COUNTY SR-22: Bridge repair work will cause State Route 22 log mile 3.91 to be reduced to one lane over Middleton Creek. A signal system has been installed to direct traffic until bridge repairs are complete,
FAYETTE COUNTY US-64 (SR-15): Resurfacing work will cause temporary lane closures beginning at the Shelby County line log mile 0.00 and extending to west of Oakcliff log mile 6.26.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-57: Grading, drainage, I-beam bridge, three (3) box beam bridges, paving on State Route 57, West of Neville Road over Norfolk Southern Railroad log mile 1.61 to east of Wolf Creek Tributary. A temporary run-around is being used to maintain traffic while a new bridge over the Norfolk Southern Railroad is constructed. Due to the amount of rail traffic on this new rail line, delays are expected.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-76: Grading, drainage, two (2) I-beam bridges, paving on State Route 76 over overflow log mile 0.55 and North Fork Wolf River log mile 0.74 and Grading, drainage, I-beam bridge, and paving on State Route 76 over overflow log mile 0.93 and Box bridge over branch log mile 2.04. Traffic is controlled with a temporary signal at log mile 0.55 through log mile 0.93 and log mile 2.04. Traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-194: Six (6) bridges are being replaced on State Route 194 between State Route 57 and State Route 15. Construction has begun on all segments of this project. This will cause a reduction in lanes from two to one every day due to the use of temporary signals at the Wolf River and overflow bridges. Construction activities are completed at the bridges at log mile 8.51 and 9.27. Motorists should watch for construction vehicle entering and exiting the work zones.
FAYETTE COUNTY SR-194: Four (4) bridges are being replaced on State Route 194 between State Route 15 (US-64) and State Route 59. Both lanes are now open to traffic at log mile 21.71 and 21.91 with no width restriction. There is still a width restriction in place at log mile 19.74 and 19.63.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-76: (Recovery Act Project) A widening project from State Route 43 to the Carroll County line will result in temporary lane closures each day. Traffic will be traveling in the northbound and southbound lanes in various locations throughout the project. Motorists are advised to travel with extreme caution.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-104: A widening project from west of State Route 188 to Milligan Lane and Gumwoods Road will result in temporary lane closures each day. Contractor is currently hauling dirt, rock and structures are being constructed. Utility work is ongoing. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-185: Bridge repair work on State Route 185 over WTNN Railroad at log mile 1.38. Southbound lane is currently closed. Closures will be handled by a temporary traffic signal.
GIBSON COUNTY, SR-186: A six (6) bridge replacement project over Hog Creek at log mile 6.48, Parker Branch at log mile 11.87, and Branches log mile 9.62, 12.01, 12.77, and 13.77. Traffic has been switched to east bound lanes, Phase II. Traffic will be controlled with temporary traffic signals. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
HARDEMAN COUNTY, SR-15: Between East of Margin Street to near Hornsby Loop Road a widening project will result in a lane shift during the week. Grading work in progress on south side of State Route 15. Traffic has been shifted to the proposed west bound lanes. Utility work in progress.
HARDIN COUNTY, SR-15: Bridge repair work on State Route 15 (US-64) over the Tennessee River log mile 6.29 will result in lane closures eastbound and westbound each day, for the duration of this project. Roadway will be down to one lane.
HAYWOOD COUNTY, SR-76: Resurfacing work will cause temporary lane closures beginning at State Route 179 log mile 5.57 and extending to Sunny Hill Road log mile 9.84. Watch for flagmen. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
HENDERSON COUNTY, SR-20: A widening project on State Route 20 (US-412) from State Route 114 to the Decatur County Line will result in temporary lane closures every day. Flagmen will be present. Working on Phase II will cause lane shifts from log mile 19.79 to Decatur County line. Wallace Road, Boren Road and Union Baptist are now OPEN. Motorists are advised to use caution when going through a construction project.
LAKE COUNTY, SR-22: A widening project on State Route 22, south of State Route 21 in Tiptonville to existing State Route 22 (Cates Landing Rd.) There will temporary lane closures to allow for roadway construction. There will be trucks entering and exiting roadway. Flagmen will be used to direct traffic.
LAKE/OBION COUNTY, Reelfoot Lake on SR-21: Grading, drainage, construction of I-beam bridge and paving. All work at this time is on the spillway structure. Crews are now engaged in resubmission and reiteration of the hoist assembly.
MADISON COUNTY, I-40 between MM 78.0-MM 79.0:
• Wednesday October 31 through Wednesday November 7: Ongoing (daytime) bridge repair work over the West TN Railroad. The contractor will be working behind the barrier rail. Both 10’ shoulders of I-40 will be closed in each direction while bridge repairs are being performed.
MADISON COUNTY, US-45 (SR-5):
• Sunday November 4 through Thursday November 9, 8:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m.: Resurfacing work will cause temporary night time lane closures for the installation of permanent markings at the intersections from Stephens Street log mile 13.60 to Baltimore Street log mile 11.50. Also, there will be paving operations from Tamyard Street @ log mile 11.95 to Chester Levee Road @ log mile 8.29. THP will be there to assist with traffic control.
MCNAIRY COUNTY, SR-224: Grading, drainage, construction of a box beam bridge and paving on State Route 224 over Melton Creek log mile 23.80. Roadway is OPEN to traffic. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
MCNAIRY COUNTY, SR-224: Grading, drainage, construction of two (2) box beam bridges and paving on State Route 224 over Owl Creek log mile 4.99 and Lick Creek log mile 13.96 & grading, drainage, construction of a box beam bridge and paving on State Route 224 over Clarey Creek log mile 12.57. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
OBION COUNTY, Future I-69: Grading, drainage, construction of 9 bridges, and paving on Future I-69 beginning 0.31 mile south of State Route 5/State Route 22 to 0.78 mile west of State Route 21. Motorists are advised to travel with caution.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-55 at Mallory Avenue: I-55 is reduced to two lanes in each direction. Currently there is access to Mallory Avenue (Exit 9) from Northbound I-55. The NEW northbound lanes at I-55 are open to traffic.
• Wednesday October 31 through Wednesday November 7, 9:00 a. m.-3:00 p. m.: There will be intermittent lane closures southbound (MM 9.0 to MM 8.0) in order to perform work on Interstate Bridge 2 & 4. One southbound lane will remain open. Exit 9 (SB) Mallory Exit will remain closed with traffic being detoured to Exit 8 (Horn Lake Exit).
SHELBY COUNTY, I-55: Grading, drainage, paving at the existing Welcome Center. Welcome Center is CLOSED.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-40 Bridge over MS River Phase 8
• Wednesday October 31 through Wednesday November 7: The left (inside) shoulder of Ramp J, the exit ramp for westbound Interstate 40 to Second Street, will be closed for about six months. Ramp J will remain open at all times. Work includes: installation of tie-down anchors for the footing at IL-12(on the bank of the Wolf River Basin), installation of structural steel and pier cap construction along Ramps D and NO, backfill and compaction and installation of curbs, gutters and sidewalks along Ramps IL and D, installation of CIDH piles under the main line between Main Street and Third Street, and construction of new footings, retrofitting columns and pier caps on the main line between Main Street and Third Street.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-40 Bridge over MS River Phase 9:
• Wednesday October 31 through Wednesday November 7: Contractor has closed the outer most lane of the eastbound side of Interstate 40. The closure is located from approximately station 181+00 to 211+00. The closure is required for safe access and egress for seismic retrofit on the Arkansas approach of the Hernando DeSoto Bridge. Contractor is reconstructing foundations, columns and pier caps under the bridge approach structure. The lane closure is anticipated to remain in place until December 2013.
SHELBY COUNTY, I-240 North of SR-385 to North of Walnut Grove Rd.: Grading, drainage, 15 retaining walls, 2 noise barrier walls and paving on I-240. Permanent sod was installed on slope behind wall 1 on 10/11/2012. Due to recent rains the final grading of CD-Rd 1 has not started. Coping for wall 2 is currently being installed. Wall 4 is roughly 65% complete and drainage under wall 4 is still on-going. Retaining wall 5 is complete and the moment slab for Noise Wall 1 on top of retaining wall 5 is complete and columns are being poured at this time. Columns should be completed in roughly 2 weeks at which time panel installation will begin for this portion of Noise wall 1. Installation of panels for Retaining wall 6 has started and this wall is approximately 20% complete. Retaining wall 7 is 40% complete. The temporary ramp 17G @ Walnut Grove is completed and traffic swapped to this ramp 10-13-2012. Grading of shoulder widening has begun on EB 240 between Sta. 604 and 618.
SHELBY COUNTY I-240
• Wednesday November 1, 9:00 a. m.-3:00 p. m.: There will be a lane closure on I-240 westbound (MM-16.2 to MM 16.5), near the Quince Overpass., for some cleanup work. THP will be on site.
SHELBY COUNTY, Bridge Construction SR-3 (US-51/Thomas Street at Wolf River)
• Wednesday October 31 through Wednesday November 7: Roadway was OPEN to traffic September 04, 2012. There will be possible lane closures while corrective items are made.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR-57 (US-72 Poplar Ave.) Miller Farms Rd. to Dogwood Rd.
• Wednesday October 31 through Wednesday November 7: One lane of both eastbound and westbound Poplar Avenue/SR-57 in Germantown will be closed throughout the duration of the project. One lane of Poplar Avenue/SR-57 will remain open in each direction at all times. Also, one lane of NB/SB Farmington and NB/SB West Street will be closed throughout the duration of this project with one lane remaining open.
• Wednesday October 31 through Wednesday November 7, 7:00 a. m.-6:00 p. m.: The southbound (MM 3.0-MM 3.1) lane of Germantown Road/SR-177, and the northbound lane of Germantown Road, will be closed, as needed. One lane will remain open in each direction.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR-86 (US-72): Grading, drainage, box beam bridge, 4 retaining walls, paving on State Route 86 (US-72) 0.1 miles north of Quinn Road to State Route 57 (Poplar Avenue) in Collierville. Beginning Monday June 4: Sycamore Road @ State Route 86/US-72 the road will be closed with access for residence on Sycamore Road from East Shelby Drive. Detour route will be posted.
SHELBY COUNTY SR-14 -Bridge Repair on over Industrial Ave. & ICRR LM-7.68 & SR-3 over overflow LM-20.35
• Wednesday October 31 through Tuesday November 7: The outside lane on SR-3 (US-51) will be closed in both directions. Traffic will be merged into the outside lane at the beginning of the closure and then shifted into the inside lane. One lane will remain open in each direction.
• Wednesday October 31 through Tuesday November 7: The northbound lane on SR-14 (Third Street) will be down to one lane and two lanes in the southbound direction between the intersection with Mallory Avenue and the I-55 junction. Southbound traffic will be in the two inside lanes. Northbound will be closed to one lane and shifted onto the outside southbound lane.
SHELBY COUNTY - Gr, dr, pave US-61 (SR-14) beginning at South Parkway and extending to McLemore Avenue, & bridge over the Illinois Central Railroad LM-9.68
Wednesday October 31 through Wednesday November 7: This section of roadway was CLOSED August 15, 2012. Northbound traffic has been diverted east along South Parkway, North onto Latham and West along McLemore. Third Street has been reduced to one lane in each direction south of McLemore approaching the bridge at which point, southbound Third Street is diverted east along Lucy Street, South along Latham and West onto South Parkway. Motorist may also utilize Florida Street in lieu of (which parallels Latham) Latham. Also, Patton Street on the south side of South Parkway is CLOSED. Railroad to the concrete channel. Dement's Subcontractor has started demolition of the bridge on the south end of the project and Shelby Electric has removed light poles off the bridge. Parsons suggested and installed Florida Street as a truck route because of the difficulties with the turning radii along the Latham Street Detour. Parsons has suggested a minor change to eastbound McLemore due to truck traffic making a left turn on to northbound Third Street. The City of Memphis increased the timing for the eastbound traffic and that seems to be sufficient at this time. Biggs, the subcontractor performing the bridge demolition is working on the east side from the Railroad to the concrete channel. Dement & Biggs have now submitted a demo plan over the railroad. Dement has some steel framework designed to fit over the tracks. Parson's is contacting the City of Memphis Sewer Division concerning the sewer line conflict with the bridge footing.
SHELBY COUNTY, SR 385: Between State Route 57 and State Route 193, grading, drainage, and bridge construction of State Route 385 from State Route 57 Poplar Ave. in Piperton to State Route 193 Macon Rd. in Fisherville. The contractor is currently finishing work on this project. Trucks may be entering the highway in the area of State Route 193 (Macon Road) and State Route 385 intersection.
TDOT REGION 4 On-Call Guardrail
• Wednesday October 31 through Wednesday November 7, 8:00 a. m-6:00 a. m.: There will be night time lane closures at the following locations, for the repair of damaged guardrail.
• I-40, Haywood/Madison Counties eastbound (MM 54.5 to MM 70.5), one lane will remain open.
• I-40, Henderson County eastbound and westbound (MM 109.5 to MM 119.5), one lane will remain open.
• I-40, Henderson/Madison Counties eastbound and westbound (MM 94.0 to MM 108.5), one lane will remain open. Also, the EB “Off” Ramp @ Exit 108 & Exit 101, CLOSED.
• I-40, Madison County eastbound and westbound (MM 43.5 to MM 49.5), one lane will remain open.
TDOT REGION 4 Relensing of Snowplowable Pavement Markers
• Wednesday October 31 through Wednesday November 7, 6:00 p.m.-6:00 a.m.: There will be night time “rolling“ lane closures at the following locations, for the relensing of snowplowable pavement markers.
• I-240, Shelby County eastbound and westbound (MM 0.0 to MM 12.71), one lane will remain open.
• I-55, Shelby County northbound and southbound (MM 0.0 to MM 6.40), one lane will remain open.
• SR-385, Shelby County eastbound and westbound (MM 1.26 to MM 6.10), one lane will remain open.
• I-55, Shelby County northbound and southbound (MM 8.05 to MM 12.28), one lane will remain open.
• SR-3, Shelby County northbound and southbound (MM 27.88 to MM 33.08), one lane will remain open.
• SR-300, Shelby County eastbound and westbound (MM 0.0 to MM 1.66), one lane will remain open.
• Wednesday October 31 through Wednesday November 7, 9 a.m.-3 p. m.: There will be possible lane closures at various locations in Region IV in order to patch potholes on an as needed basis.
TIPTON COUNTY SR-3: Between State Route-384 (Industrial Road North) log mile 19.83 to log mile 20.30, Intersection improvements will cause temporary lane closures.
WEAKLEY COUNTY SR-54: Safety improvements including improvements at Bob Miles Road will have workers and equipment in the roadway causing temporary traffic stops and lane closures in affected areas. Caution is advised beginning at Bob Miles Road log mile 0.81 and extending to Hawkins Road log mile 5.69.
For more information on TDOT road construction projects or to view travel conditions visit the TDOT SmartWay Information System web site (http://www.tn.gov/tdot/tdotsmartway/). Motorists can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone to access up to date traffic conditions. TDOT is also now on Twitter. For up to date traffic tweets for the Jackson & Memphis areas follow Memphis511 (http://twitter.com/memphis511). For statewide traffic information follow TN511 (http://twitter.com/TN511). Also, for smart phone users, TDOT has a new mobile site that provides simple and easy access to TDOT's SmartWay cameras, message boards, accident information, and construction information. Go to: http://m.tdot.tn.gov/SmartWay/
Motorists are reminded to use all motorist information tools responsibly. Drivers should refrain from texting, tweeting or using a mobile phone while operating a vehicle. TDOT advises drivers to “Know before you go!” by checking traffic conditions before leaving for your destination. All scheduled work is subject to change due to adverse weather conditions or other conditions beyond the control of the contractor.
For More Information Contact:
Region 4 Community Relations Officer