The Tennessee State Fire Marshal's Office (SFMO) works with national partners to bring the "Sound Off with the Home Fire Safety Patrol" curriculum to schools across Tennessee. Our fire department partners conduct in-class fire safety presentations that educate second- and third-grade students on the importance of working smoke alarms and escape plans.
Partnering fire departments include:
- Crossville Fire Department
- Baxter Fire Department
- Lawrenceburg Fire Department
- Shelbyville Fire Department
- Jackson Fire Department
- Oak Ridge Fire Department
- Henderson County Fire Department
- Clarksville Fire Rescue
- Bradley County Fire Rescue
- Fire Museum of Memphis / Memphis Fire Department
- City of La Vergne Fire Department
- Hornbeak Volunteer Fire Department
If you are interested in being part of the Tennessee State Sound Off Team, please contact:
Community Risk Reduction Coordinator
Resources in English
- Classroom Storybook (PPT)
- Printable Storybook (PDF)
- Printable Activity Sheets
- Digital Whitboard Activity
- Pre / Post Tests (PDF)
All other resources and program guide
Resources in Spanish
"The Sound Off Safety App includes three games designed to help keep families safe."
- Safety Sounds: Learn to recognize different smoke alarm sounds and what to do for each.
- Find the Dangers: Spot potential fire safety dangers in the home and correct them.
- Home Fire Escape Map: Do you know two ways out of every room? Identify your escape route to get out fast.
Click HERE for instructions on how to download the app on your device.