FF251 Fire Department Incident Safety Officer
The Fire Department Incident Safety Officer program is designed for members within a fire department or emergency service organization who perform the functions of an incident safety officer or who serve as an assistant to the incident safety officer. This course will teach students how to monitor the various types of incidents including Fire, EMS, Technical Rescue, and Hazardous Materials scenes, and report to the IC the status of conditions, hazards, and risks present. This course will also cover accident investigation and review procedures as well as how to develop and participate in a post-incident analysis.
- $171.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and group pricing.
Firefighter I and II, Fire Officer I
ICS 100, 200, and 700; Fire Instructor I and will be needed prior to commission testing.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Department Incident Safety Officer 3rd Edition (Book Only)
- Students will be able to discuss the history of the fire department safety officer.
- Students will be able to describe the relationship between empirical and image factors and the need for an incident safety officer.
- Students will be able to cite current trends in firefighter injuries and fatalities.