Licensing of Manufacturers
- An applicant for a license as a manufacturer shall complete an application form prescribed by the commissioner and submit the same to the commissioner along with a nonrefundable application fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00). The applicant shall also submit a surety bond in the amount of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00), executed by the applicant as principal and issued by a surety company qualified to do business in the State of Tennessee.
- A license as a manufacturer shall expire one (1) year after the date of issuance, unless renewed. Any person desiring to renew a license later than ninety (90) days after the expiration of the license shall submit a new application and meet all other application requirements.
- Any manufacturer who fails to renew a license prior to its expiration but before ninety days (90) days after its expiration shall pay a late penalty of fifty dollars ($50.00) in addition to the renewal fee.
- Any manufacturer who commences business in this State prior to obtaining proper licensure shall be assessed a civil penalty of five hundred dollars ($500.00) for each manufactured home sold prior to licensure. This paragraph does not apply to any manufacturer who does not manufacture manufactured homes.
- 24 CFR 3280 Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards
- 24 CFR 3282 Manufactured Home Procedural and Enforcement Regulations
- View Commerce & Insurance Rules on New Manufactured Homes
Online Applications and Forms
- Manufactured Home - Manufacturer License Application [pdf]
- Manufactured Home - Manufacturer Bond Application [pdf]
- Request for Labels (Form HUD-101) [pdf]
- Lost Label Report (Form HUD-203) [pdf]
- Damaged Label report (Form HUD-203b) [pdf]
- Request and Payment for Labels (Form HUD-301) [pdf]
- HUD Manufactured Home Monthly Production Report (Form HUD-302) [pdf]
- Refunds Due Manufacturer (Form HUD-303) [pdf]
- Adjustment Report Monthly Production Report (Form HUD-304) [pdf]
- Eligibility Verification Form [pdf]