News and InformationTennessee Board of Examiners for Land Surveyors
Notification Options Are Now Available!
You can now get notifications from your licensing board or commission related to the following:
New or Amended Statutes - New or Updated Rules
Changes to Fees - Rulemaking Hearings related to Fees
Significant Changes Impacting Your License - Changes to Policies
- IF YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS NEEDS TO BE UPDATED, PLEASE CALL THIS OFFICE.
- The Winter/Spring 2015 edition of "Field Notes," the Land Surveyors Board Newsletter is now available on this website. To view the newsletter, click here [pdf].
- The requirements to apply for licensure as a professional land surveyor in Tennessee changed, effective April 16th, 2014. Click here for the new requirements law.
- You MUST submit the completed application and $25.00 application fee to the Tennessee Board of Examiners for Land Surveyors office. The following deadlines apply to the FS exams:
- The deadline to have your COMPLETED FS application in to the board office for the January 15th, March 15th, July 15th, and September 15th.
- The deadline to have your COMPLETED PS/TS application in to the board office for the April exam is January 1st.
- The deadline to have your COMPLETED PS/TS application in to the board office for the October exam is July 1st.
- Online Renewal Now Available! Click here to renew online. You may only pay your renewal fee online; you still have to mail your continuing education in to the board office.
- The Tennessee Board of Examiners for Land Surveyors will hold a regularly scheduled board meeting on Thursday, July 30th, 2015 and Friday, July 31st, 2015 beginning at 9:00 am in Conference Room 6 A-B of the Davy Crockett Tower, 500 James Robertson Parkway, Nashville, TN.
- NCEES announcements:
- Registration for the October 2015 exams will open on June 17th, 2015, and close for examinees at 3:00 p.m. eastern time, September 3rd, 2015.
- Examinees registering for a computer-based exam must pay the exam fee directly to NCEES using a VISA or MasterCard credit or debit card.
- The computer-based FS exam will be administered during four testing windows throughout the year: January-February, April-May, July-August, and October-November. Registration is open year-round. Seating will be available during the open testing windows only.