Manufactured Housing & Modular Building Section
The Comprehensive Online Regulatory and Enforcement (CORE) system will be temporarily down for maintenance.
Access will be unavailable on Friday, January 24th, beginning at 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time through Monday, January 27th, ending at 8:00 a.m. Central Standard Time.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
- State Law (Tennessee Code Annotated) related to Manufactured Housing
- Commerce & Insurance Rules on New Manufactured Homes
- Commerce & Insurance Rules on Used Factory Manufactured Homes
- Commerce & Insurance Rules on Installation of Manufactured Homes
- Visit HUD’s Manufactured Housing Main Menu page for more information on Manufactured Homes
- Federal Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards (24 CFR 3280)
- Federal Manufactured Home Procedural and Enforcement Regulation (24 CRF 3282)
The Manufactured Housing and Modular Buildings Section administers portions of the Uniform Standards Code for Manufactured Homes and Recreational Vehicles Act (TCA Title 68, Chapter 126, Part 2) related to HUD Labeled Manufactured Homes, the Tennessee Manufactured Home Installation Act (TCA Title 68, Chapter 126, Part 4), and acts as HUD’s State Administrative Agent and exclusive Production Inspection - Primary Inspection Agency, to administer certain aspects of the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974 (the Federal Act).
Under State of Tennessee Law, the Manufactured Housing Section is responsible for:
- Licensing HUD labeled manufactured home manufacturers, retailers, and installers;
- Monitoring used manufactured homes safety standards;
- Performing manufactured home installation inspections in accordance with State law; and
- Investigating and taking appropriate action against violators of the Tennessee Acts referenced above.
Under its current agreement with HUD, the Manufactured Housing Section administers parts of the Federal Act which involve:
- Monitoring manufacturers' home construction quality control program;
- Investigating and monitoring consumer complaints under the Standards Act;
- Searching for and when warranted, initiating class action cases through HUD;
- Performing post-production monitoring of manufactured homes produced in and/or shipped to Tennessee; and
- Investigating and taking appropriate action against violators of the Federal Act referenced above.
Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance
Division of Fire Prevention
Manufactured Housing Section
500 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, Tennessee 37243-1162