Social Media Comment Policy
We encourage public interaction and communication about the content we post on our social media accounts. However, this does not imply that the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development (TDLWD) agrees with or accepts the content, opinions, or views expressed within any public comment. While social media accounts provide an open forum, we expect conversations to be courteous. Please remember you are fully responsible for the content of your comments. TDLWD does not discriminate against any views, but does reserve the right to hide or delete comments. TDLWD may take action with comments that are:
- Abusive, violent, obscene, profane, hateful or racist
- Threatening, harassing, or sexually explicit
- Deemed inappropriate or offensive by staff
- Suggestive or encouraging of illegal activity
- Libel, slander, or personal attacks of any kind, including the use of offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups
- Commercial advertising
- Links to third-party websites
To protect your privacy, please do not include any personal information in your comment that could be used to identify you.
Please be respectful of others. Do not abuse your access to TDLWD social media pages. Repeat violators of these guidelines risk being blocked from commenting on all TDLWD social media pages.