SIDES & SIDES E-ResponseSecurely send and receive information regarding various separation requests from the state.
We use a program known as State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) that sends and receives employer requests for separation information electronically. This information exchange is secure and allows an employer to begin the response process the first day of the claim filing. Also the data exchange system allows the employer to choose the correct issue to make his response.
The employer is able to see the claimant’s reason for separation, but if incorrect, is able to choose the questions from the applicable list for response. The request for separation information may be completed online at http://uisides.org. In order to complete the separation request online you will need your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), State Tax ID, and Identification Number/Access Code (PIN).
If you have technical questions about the State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) or SIDES E-Response please contact the SIDES help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developed through a strategic partnership between the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) and state UI agencies, Unemployment Insurance (UI) SIDES is a web based system that allows employers and TPAs to receive and respond to separation information requests electronically.
There are two ways employers can utilize SIDES and the best option depends on the employer’s specific needs.
- SIDES E-Response is ideal for employers with a limited number of UI claims throughout the year.
- SIDES is best suited for large employers and TPAs that typically deal with a large volume of UI information requests. SIDES is especially helpful to those employers and TPAs that operate in multiple states.
SIDES E-Response is a website accessible free of charge to any employer or third-party administrator (TPA) with Internet access. SIDES E-Response provides a secure, nationally standardized format, in which employers and TPAs can easily respond to UI information requests, attach documentation when needed and receive a date-stamped confirmation of receipt.
Submit Your E-Response to Request for Separation Information in 4 Steps
- Step 1. Locate Your Login Credentials
Before logging into SIDES E-Response, you will need the following login credentials provided in the upper left hand portion of each TDLWD Time Sensitive Request for Separation Information:
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- State Employer Identification Number (SEIN)
- 4-digit Identification Number/Access Code (PIN)
NOTE: YOUR FEIN MAY BE PRINTED IN BOTH THE FEIN AND SEIN FIELDS ON THE TIME SENSITIVE REQUEST FOR SEPARATION INFORMATION. IF YOUR FEIN IS PRINTED IN BOTH FIELDS ON THE REQUEST, YOU’LL NEED TO ENTER THE FEIN IN BOTH FIELDS ON THE E-RESPONSE LOGIN PAGE.
IF THE FEIN/SEIN DOES NOT APPEAR ON THE FORM, YOU WILL HAVE TO RESPOND BY EMAIL, MAIL OR FAX.
- Step 2. Logging In
To log-in to SIDES E-Response:
- Go to the E-Response website at http://uisides.org.
- On the “WELCOME” screen, select “Separation Information” and click the Select . button .
- On the “LOGIN” screen:
- Select Tennessee from the drop-down list
- Enter your FEIN without dashes or other punctuation
- Enter your SEIN without dashes or other punctuation
- Enter your Identification Number/Access Code
- Click the “Login” button
- Step 3. Enter and Submit Your Separation Information
Once you’re logged in to E-Response, you will see the pending separation information request or requests that are associated with the PIN that you entered.
Create and submit your response by following the step by step instructions provided in the SIDES E-Response User Guide.
- Step 4. Retain a Copy of Your Confirmation Number for Your Records
After your response has been successfully submitted, print and keep your confirmation number in your files.
NOTE: The confirmation number will also appear at the top of the PDF under the View/Print link. We strongly recommend you print a copy of your submission for your records. You may also save an electronic copy of the PDF document.
Separation information requests are available to you on the E-Response website for 30 days. After 30 days, they are deleted from the web site.
Responding to Employer Notice of Claim Filed
- Go to E-Response website at https://uisides.org
- On the "WELCOME" screen, select "Wages Reported and Possible Charges"
- On the "LOGIN" screen, select Tennessee from the drop-down list and enter the FEIN and SEIN numbers exactly as they appear on the notice. If either number does not appear on the notice, you will have to respond by mail or fax.
- You will also need your 4-digit Identification Number/Access Code (PIN).
Responding to Wage Verification Information
- Go to E-Response website at https://uisides.org
- On the "WELCOME" screen, select "Earnings Verification"
- On the "LOGIN" screen, select Tennessee from the drop-down list and enter the FEIN and the Access Code number. If the FEIN does not appear on the notice you will have to respond by mail or fax.
SIDES is an automated computer-to-computer interface best suited for large employers and TPAs that deal with a large volume of UI information requests and/or operate in multiple states. Employers and TPAs that use SIDES are required to develop software to connect their internal IT systems to the SIDES Central Broker which routes requests and responses to the appropriate recipient. The SIDES team provides written technical implementation guidance and in-person training for developing the SIDES connection. Detailed technical information is available at http://info.uisides.org.