2018 Corporate Social Responsibility Workshops
Monday, March 12, 2018 at the Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
Franklin, TN | 8:30 A.M.-4:00 P.M.
Why Corporate Citizenship?: Corporate social responsibility is a term used to describe a company’s efforts to improve society in some way, but a commitment to CSR offers many direct benefits to the company. This session will focus on the benefits of establishing or improving a CSR strategy, and new ideas and insights in corporate citizenship.
- Missy Acosta, Delta Dental of Tennessee
- Susannah Berry, Jackson
- Kim Sasser Hayden, Comcast Cable Communications, Inc.
- Shantrelle Johnson, Advance Financial
Innovations in Employee Volunteerism Programs: Research shows that employee volunteerism programs boost morale and employee engagement. Learn more about the best ways to implement, manage, or strengthen a company volunteerism program, as well as other internal ideas to connect employees to the community and foster employee satisfaction.
- Annette Brun, Scripps Networks Interactive
- John Doerge, Deloitte
- Velvet Graham, ServiceMaster
- Leigh Stevens, Tractor Supply Company
Corporate Giving and Community Relationships:
Part 1: Corporate Giving Strategy: Corporate giving is an important way for companies to give back to communities and can be done in a variety of ways. Panelists will discuss building new partnerships, the different ways to give, and strategies to determine charitable giving.
Part 2: Successful Community Relationships: Strong partnerships between nonprofits and businesses enable both to achieve their goals and make a greater impact. For Part 2, panelists will focus on best practices for successful corporate/non-profit relationships. This session is open to all conference attendees.
- Amy Grow, International Paper
- Chelsea Johnson, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- Rebecca King, Nashville Predators
- Heather Vincent, Bank of America