Errors in Printed Hunting Guide; Corrected Version Online
NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency has announced that some errors have been found in the printed version of the 2019-20 Tennessee Hunting & Trapping Guide. The following errors have been corrected online:
· Page 40 - Correct end date for bear archery season (no dogs) is Oct. 25.
· Page 15 - Traps allowed should read the following: “Cushion-hold traps, laminated jaw traps, off-set wide jaw traps, off-set laminated jaw traps, and wide jaw traps with an outside measure of jaw spread that is 9 inches or less, as measured at the widest point and a minimum jaw thickness of 1/4 inch, may be used for all sets. Double-jaw traps with an outside spread of 9 inches or less of the upper and lower jaw combined and a minimum jaw thickness of 1/4 inch may be used for all sets.
· Page 49 - The correct date and time for hand-held draws for Shelby Forest are Nov. 9 at 10 a.m.
· Page 53 - Eagle Lake Refuge-The observation tower is only open during scheduled hunt dates for Meeman Shelby Forest.
· Page 59 - The correct date for archery hunting at White Oak WMA is Dec. 2.
· Page 59 - Wolf River WMA is now open to statewide deer seasons so dog training dates are deleted.
· Page 63 – On Laurel Hill WMA, harvests for the Nov. 8-10 and Nov. 22-24 should be a bonus buck.
· Page 77 - corrections have been made to the North Cherokee WMA opossum and raccoon season dates. Opossum, raccoon hunt dates are Oct. 4 – last day in February. Season closed Oct 4-7, Oct. 11-25, Oct. 27-Nov. 1, Dec. 1-21 in all bear reserves.
· Page 77- The Chuck Swan WMA raccoon hunt season dates are Dec. 15-21, rather than Dec. 15-24.
These errors have been corrected in the online version of the 2019-20 Tennessee Hunting & Trapping Guide, but hunters should make note of the misinformation if using a printed copy. The online guide is at http://www.eregulations.com/tennessee/hunting/.