Rules and Regulations
Deer harvested in Unit CWD (excluding Fayette and Hardeman Counties) from Nov.2-3 or Nov. 9-10 must be taken to a physical check station where TWRA staff will be taking samples for CWD testing. Mandatory Physical Check Stations
- Do not move whole deer carcasses or unapproved parts outside of Unit CWD. Only approved parts (listed below) may be moved out of Unit CWD.
- Deer carcasses can be moved from one high-risk county to another high-risk county. Deer carcasses can be moved from a high-risk county to a positive county.
- A deer carcass cannot be moved outside of positive counties but can move from one positive county to another positive county.
- Approved parts (listed below) are free to be transported anywhere statewide.
- Also remember, only Approved Parts can be transported into Tennessee from another state.
If you harvest a deer, elk or moose from anywhere outside the state, it must be properly processed before bringing it back into the state of Tennessee)
No person may import, transport, or possess in Tennessee a cervid carcass or carcass part from anywhere outside state except as provided herein:
(a) Meat that has bones removed.
(b) Antlers, antlers attached to cleaned skull plates, or cleaned skulls
(where no meat or tissues are attached to the skull.)
(c) Cleaned teeth.
(d) Finished taxidermy and antler products.
(e) Hides (tanned or green) and tanned products.
Feeding sites increase contact between deer thereby increasing the likelihood of the spread of CWD.
So, by not feeding wildlife, you are helping prevent the spread of CWD.
Feeding wildlife is prohibited in Unit CWD.
You may not place grain, salt products, minerals, or other consumable natural and manufactured products with very few exceptions.
The ban does not apply to feed placed within 100 feet of a residence such as bird feeders, feed placed in a manner not accessible to deer, or feed and minerals as the result of normal agricultural practices.
If you have feed placed, you must remove the feed or make it inaccessible. Food plots are still legal in Unit CWD.