Become a Cadet
How to Apply
The next class begins July 15th 2018.
If you want to apply, first make sure you meet the Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- You must volunteer for the program
- 16-18 years olds (must be 16 by the first day and cannot turn 19 before the start of the program)
- Be a Legal resident of the United States and of Tennessee
- At-risk of dropping out of high school or credit deficient
- Free from any serious involvement with the law, free of felony charges and no pending court charges or legal proceeding.
After you have met the basic eligibility requirements, you can begin the application process:
Applicants MUST attend one Orienation. (Parents / Guardians are required to attend with applicants under the age of 18.)
Complete the FULL APPLICATION. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Mentor applications can be submitted later in the application process.
(Open the applications in Adobe Acrobat or Reader and NOT as an e-pdf)
You must complete the full application and attend Orientation to be considered.
Once you have completed the above steps, the "acceptance process" begins. The Academy will review all applications and contact each applicant on the decision. The acceptance call or denial letter will be sent no later than 30 days before the class begins.
Contact our Recruiting Department if you have any questions: 629-888-5855