Become a Cadet
How to Apply
The class begins July 2017.
If you want to apply, first make sure you meet the Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- You must Volunteer for the program
- 16-18 years olds (must be 16 by the first day and cannot turn 19 before the start of the program)
- Be a Legal resident of the United States and of Tennessee
- At-risk of dropping out of high school or credit deficient
- Free from any serious involvement with the law, free of felony charges and no pending court charges or legal proceedings
After you have met the basic eligibility requirements follow the three-step process to apply to TNVCA.
The APPLICANT must complete the online Pre-Application Form and submit it to TNVCA@tn.gov. (Open the application in Adobe Acrobat or Reader and NOT as an e-pdf)
Upon review of the Pre-Application, you will be contacted by a recruiter to sign up for our mandatory orientation. Parents / Guardians are required to attend with applicants under the age of 18.
After attending the mandatory orientation, complete the FULL APPLICATION. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Mentor applications can be submitted later in the application process.
(Open the applications in Adobe Acrobat or Reader and NOT as an e-pdf)
After attending orientation, you will be given a FULL APPLICATION to return within 10 days of receipt. You must submit the completed application to be considered.
Once you have completed the above steps, the "acceptance process" begins. The Academy will review all applications and contact each applicant on the decision. The acceptance call or denial letter will be sent no later than 30 days before the class begins.