Program Year 2021
[Note: This page was prepared in December 2019. CMS may make changes in the future. Continue to review this page for the latest information.]
THIS IS IT! If you are still eligible for an EHR Incentive Program Incentive Payment, you have a lot to do and a short time in which to do it.
Submission Period: The attestation submission period for PY 2021 attestations is July 1, 2021 through 11:59 P.M. Central Time September 30, 2021.
Per CMS Rules & Regs., ALL EHR Incentive Payments MUST go out the door by December 31, 2021. Submissions received after this date and time shall be returned as submitted untimely. No extensions – no exceptions!! You must get it done and you must get it done NOW!
To allow us sufficient time to process and get your EHR Incentive Payment out no later than December 31, 2021, we must wrap up all corrections by November 30, 2021. Completing reviews and corrections is not the end of the process. There are other areas involved beyond our control which must be completed in order to make your payment as required.
Security Risk Analysis (SRA): In the Medicare PFS Rule finalized in the Federal Register published November 15, 2019, CMS enacted a rule allowing providers to submit their PY 2021 attestations at any time after July 1, 2021 through the state’s deadline, EVEN IF the 2021 SRA has yet to be done.
What does this mean to you? You may submit your PY 2021 attestation at any time during our submission period, even if you have yet to complete your SRA.
You must, however, attest that you will complete your SRA no later than December 31, 2021.
On your attestation, you will be given a chance to tell us that
- You have completed your SRA for 2021; OR,
- You will have it completed by December 31, 2021.
TennCare has the flexibility to require submission of proof of a completed SRA. If you do not complete an SRA as required by the deadline, your EHR Incentive Payment will be recovered from you.
- Use a 2015 Edition of CEHRT (either an upgrade or new purchase/lease)
- Submit documentation as described on the EHR Questions attestation page to prove that you have a 2015 Edition CEHRT
- Make sure that your practice sites listed on your attestation MATCH EXACTLY with the addresses we have in your TennCare Provider Registration profile.
- If they do not match, go to our web site, review How to Update Your Practice Address, and then make the necessary changes.
- Attest to Stage 3 Meaningful Use Criteria and eCQMs
- If your attestation is returned for correction, the return letter will include a date for you to resubmit your attestation to us. If you miss that date, you risk denial of your attestation.
- We first review the eligibility section of your attestation, including your Patient Volume. If problems are found, we return your attestation for correction AND resubmission.
- It is only after you pass this section is the Meaningful Use section of your attestation reviewed. Any problems found in this section are returned for correction AND resubmission.
- It is then and only then that the final steps can be taken to generate your EHR Incentive Payment.
- Include in your attestation a response to Measure 1, Protected Patient Health Information, that
- You have completed your 2021 SRA, OR
- You will have your SRA completed by December 31, 2021; and
- Be able to provide proof of completion.
THE TennCare EHR Provider Incentive Payment Program mailbox is now
TennCare.EHRIncentive@tn.gov for ALL questions or concerns.
Please use only this mailbox to reach out to us.