Stage 3 Overview
Meaningful Use Updates from the PFS Final Rule:
- There are 50 eCQMs which are aligned with MIPS in 2019
- In 2019, EPs must attest to at least one eCQM Outcome Measure or High Priority Measure if no Outcome Measure is available (EPs will continue to report 6 eCQMs related to the EPs scope of practice as well)
- Stage 3 Coordination of Care thresholds for Measure 1 is 5% and Measure 2 is 5%
- In 2019, EPs who are returning Meaningful Users must report on a one-year eCQM reporting period and first-time Meaningful Users must report on a 90-day eCQM reporting period
- In 2021, the reporting period will be 90 days for MU and CQMs (Therefore, EPs will be attesting to both PY 2020 and PY2021 in 2021 because EPs must report a full year of eCQMs in 2020)
- All incentive payments must be paid by December 31, 2021. The default attestation deadline is Oct 31. Earlier dates can be proposed in the SMHP, but the date cannot be before July 1.
- Further information about submitting attestations in Calendar Year 2021 will be provided on our web site and the TennCare EHR Newsletter.
Stage 3 Objectives and Measures
Stage 3 eliminates the “core” (i.e. required) and “menu” (i.e. optional) sets of measures used in Stages 1 and 2. There are a total of 8 objectives for all EPs, each of which would have one or more associated measures. EPs are required to report on all of the measures associated with each objective. However, for 3 of the objectives, EPs would only need to actually meet the thresholds for a subset of the associated measures.
Submission of Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) is still a requirement for meaningful use in Stage 3. Please see CQM page for more information on CQMs.
Stage 3 Public Health Reporting
The requirement in Stage 3, meaning in 2019, for immunization registries, is to have bidirectional exchange up and running with the immunization registry. That means unidirectional submission is no longer enough to meet the measure. For questions related to bi-directional exchange, contact TennIIS.MU@tn.gov.