Stage 3 Overview
Meaningful Use Updates from the PFS Final Rule:
- There are 47 eCQMs which are aligned with MIPS in 2020
- In 2020, EPs must attest to at least one eCQM Outcome Measure or High Priority Measure if no Outcome Measure is available for a total of 6 relevant eCQMs.
- In 2020, all EPs may report on a 90-day MU and eCQM reporting period.
- In 2021, all EPs must report on a 90-day MU and eCQM reporting period.
- EPs will be attesting to both PY 2020 and PY 2021 in 2021.
- All incentive payments must be paid by December 31, 2021. The attestation submission period for Program Year 2021 is July 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021, 11:59 PM, Central.
- Further information about submitting attestations in Calendar Year 2021 will be provided on our web site and the TennCare EHR Newsletter.
Stage 3 Objectives and Measures
All EPs are required to attest to Stage 3 for the remainder of the EHR program. There are a total of 8 objectives for all EPs, each of which would have one or more associated measures. EPs are required to report on all of the measures associated with each objective, however, for Objectives 6 and 7, EPs would only need to actually meet the thresholds for 2 of the 3 associated measures.
Submission of Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) is still a requirement for meaningful use in Stage 3. Please see CQM page for more information on CQMs.
Stage 3 Public Health Reporting
The Stage 3 requirement for the immunization registry measure 1 is to be actively engaged in moving towards bi-directional exchange or be in bi-directional exchange production with the immunization registry. All EPs who gave any immunizations (including all patients and payers, and influenza vaccinations) during the reporting period are required to meet this measure. Unidirectional submission is no longer enough to meet the measure. For questions related to bi-directional exchange, contact TennIIS.MU@tn.gov.