Phase I: Plan
TennCare is now in Phase II until April 2023. For more information visit the Phase II page.
Phase I encourages members to provide updated contact information, including their name, address, phone number, and email address, to TennCare by calling 1-855-259-0701, using the TennCare Connect app, or visiting TennCare Connect. Updating contact information will help members stay informed and receive important information about keeping their TennCare and CoverKids benefits.
Members can update their information on TennCare Connect by calling 1-855-259-0701, using the TennCare Connect app, or accessing their online account at TennCareConnect.tn.gov.
During the planning phase, TennCare has requested flexibilities from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to facilitate the renewal process. The temporary flexibilities approved by CMS for Tennessee during the “unwinding” period are:
- Renew certain individuals’ eligibility for TennCare based on supplemental nutritional assistance program (SNAP) eligibility (Targeted SNAP Strategy) = SNAP Match Flexibility
- Enroll certain individuals in TennCare based on supplemental nutritional assistance program (SNAP) eligibility (Targeted SNAP Strategy) = SNAP Enrollment Strategy
- Enroll certain individuals in TennCare and renew certain individuals’ eligibility for TennCare based on temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) eligibility (Targeted TANF Strategy) = TANF Match Flexibility
- Ex parte renewal for individuals with no income and no data returned (Beneficiaries with No Income Renewal) = Zero Income Flexibility
- Facilitating renewal for individuals with no asset verification system (AVS) data returned within a reasonable timeframe (Streamlined Asset Verification) = Asset Verification System Flexibility
- Partnering with health plans to update member contact information (MCO Beneficiary Contact Updates) = MCO Contact Flexibility
- Use of United States Postal Service (USPS) returned mail to update member contact information (USPS Contact Updates) = USPS Contact Flexibility
How You Can Help:
Our health plans, community partners, and providers are critical messengers. They are trusted leaders in their communities and have frequent interactions with members. These stakeholders can help reach at-risk or hard-to-reach members. It is important to partner with them so that members receive accurate information from people they know and trust. Our goal in Phase I is to ensure TennCare members update the information on their TennCare accounts. To prevent a gap in health care coverage, TennCare will need to send the renewal package to the correct mailing address. While members are required to update their mailing address 10 days after moving, oftentimes this step is missed.
- Stay informed: Join our email list to get the latest information and updates.
Providers and advocates can help our members take steps to get ready now by making sure TennCare members receive important paperwork. Help us make sure that a member’s mailing address and phone number is up-to-date.
Members can make updates:
- Online at TennCareConnect.TN.gov
- By calling TennCare Connect at 1-855-259-0701
- Through the TennCare Connect app (Download on the App Store) (oGet it on Google Play)
See Phase II page for other resources
TennCare Connect Flyer (Spanish)
TennCare Connect Flyer (Kurdish)