July 7, 2020
8:00 am to 12:00 pm CDT
Tennessee Emergency Management Agency Suiter Room 3041 Sidco Dr. Nashville, TN 37204
G0402: Incident Command System Overview for Senior Officials (Executives, Elected, & Appointed), ICS 402
The purpose of this course is to familiarize Senior Officials (executives, elected and appointed officials, city/county managers, agency administrators, etc.) with their role in supporting incident management within the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
Selection Criteria: Executives and senior officials, including elected officials, city/county managers, agency administrators, etc.
- Explain the National Incident Management System.
- Explain the NIMS Management Characteristics, the organizational structure of the Incident Command System, and the role of the Command and General Staff.
- Explain the attributes and purpose of Emergency Operations Centers.
- Explain the interconnectivity between the MAC Group, EOCs, the Joint Information System and Incident Command.
- Explain the Senior Officials role in preparedness.
- Emergency Management