2022 Tennessee Highway Safety and Operations Conference
The Tennessee Highway Safety and Operations Conference brings Tennessee's highway safety stakeholders and operations professionals together annually to brainstorm how to keep Tennessee's roads safe, efficient, and reliable.
The purpose of the annual Tennessee Highway Safety and Operations Conference is to present strategies on better safety and operational practices for Tennessee's roadways. We bring in national and local speakers to discuss methods for identifying locations with high crash data and/or crash patterns on specific roadways, along with strategies to make safety improvements to these areas of concern.
The Tennessee Highway Safety and Operations Conference provides best practices on operational issues we face every day keeping our roadways functioning. The conference also emphasizes how to guide future planning in areas of performance measures, integrated planning/operations, incident management, and components of the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
The Tennessee Highway Safety and Operations Conference will expound on areas in incident management for the improvement of scene management, responder safety, and public welfare.
Decision-makers and transportation stakeholders from across the state including:
- Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Federal Highway Administration
- Tennessee Highway Patrol
- Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security
- Tennessee Highway Safety Office
- Local Agencies and Transit Authorities
This year we are excited to have the Department of Safety Real ID Mobile Bus on-site at the Drury to provide our attendees with the opportunity to get their Real ID! You can sign up for a time slot here. The location is listed as our office address on Deaderick Street, however the bus will be ON-SITE at the Drury in Franklin. To see a list of required documents and upload them in advance, click here and navigate to - driver services > driver services online > e-Services > driver services > upload driver services documents.
For hotel reservations, follow the below link and use group code 10019817
- Vulnerable Roads User Assessment - Kim VanAtta
- Workzone Awareness - Christopher Schneider
- Safe System Approach - Jeff Shaw
- Blue Oval City - Steve Sellers
- AASHTOWare Safety - Jeff Murphy, Audra Engle, Wayne Hill
- CIRT Drone Use in Crash Investigations - Lt. Justin Boyd
- Crash Responder Safety - Errol Christos
- Highway Safety Implementation Plan - Becky White
- NCDOT DriveWyze - Courtney Weeter
- Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure - Andrea Noel
- PA Operations initiatives to Improve Safety - Ryan McNary
- Pavement Friction Technology - Jeff Shaw
- THSO Slow Down Tennessee - Steve Dillard
- Nashville Vision Zero - Brad Freeze
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) Overview - Pamela Kordenbrock