A new construction platform is being utilized in the management of TDOT Construction Projects. PlanGrid is intended to connect the entire project team in an easy to use digital plan process. With PlanGrid, users are able to:
- Instantly sync across an entire team at any location with data connectivity
- Assign and track RFI's and issues
- Overlay and compare different sheets or versions
- Locate pictures through georeferencing
- Create and share personal markups
- House construction documents in one centralized location
- Link information to specific sheets
- Reduce the use of paper plans
PlanGrid was introduced in early July on select projects for testing and will be further rolled out with the December 2018 and February 2019 lettings. Full implementation of PlanGrid is anticipated for the March 2019 letting, and will not be retroactive for projects currently under contract. PlanGrid is not needed for “no plans” contracts.
It is the responsibility of the contractor to procure and fund a service agreement that fits the needs of any project in which PlanGrid is required. It is a required minimum for the lead field supervisor to have an account that meets the requirements to collaborate with TDOT on each project. Service information can be found at www.plangrid.com. To purchase licenses at TDOT's special rate, contact Trey Darnell directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (281)-620-5082.