A new construction platform is being utilized in the management of TDOT Construction Projects. PlanGrid is intended to connect the entire project team in an easy to use digital plan process. With PlanGrid, users are able to:
- Instantly sync across an entire team at any location with data connectivity
- Assign and track RFI's and issues
- Overlay and compare different sheets or versions
- Locate pictures through georeferencing
- Create and share personal markups
- House construction documents in one centralized location
- Link information to specific sheets
- Reduce the use of paper plans
Effective with the March 29, 2019 letting, any contractor awarded a contract must register with the plans collaboration software designated by the Department prior to the Preconstruction Meeting (excluding no plans contracts). All correspondence related to the project or plans revisions and any request for information (RFI) will be communicated through this tool. PlanGrid is not retroactive for projects currently under contract and is not needed for “no plans” contracts.
It is the responsibility of the contractor to procure and fund a service agreement that fits the needs of any project in which PlanGrid is required. It is a required minimum for the lead field supervisor to have an account that meets the requirements to collaborate with TDOT on each project. Service information can be found at www.plangrid.com. To purchase licenses at TDOT's special rate, contact Adam Burris directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (843)-801-5107.