State Route 71 (US 441) Chapman Highway - Evans Road to Burnett LaneKnox County
Transportation projects are developed in four phases: Planning and Environmental, Design, Right-of-Way and Construction. Proposed improvements to State Route 71 (US 441/Chapman Highway), from Evans Road to Burnett Lane, are currently under construction.
LET TO CONTRACT: 8/9/2019
CONTRACTOR: CHARLES BLALOCK & SONS, INC.
BID PRICE : $4,592,669.71
EST. COMPLETION DATE: JUNE 15, 2021
Construction activities began on October 8, 2019, with the installation of temporary traffic control devices.
December 7, 2020
The contractor is currently grading the new East Simpson Road alignment. Crews continue to work on Wall #2 on the west side of Chapman Highway, near West Simpson.
KUB is currently relocating a 4” gas line. East Simpson Road will soon be closed indefinitely, from Berry-Highland Cemetery to the Sevierville Pike/East Simpson Road intersection.
November 10, 2020
The contractor is currently installing storm drainage structures adjacent to East Simpson Road. Crews continue to work on Wall #2 on the west side of Chapman Highway near West Simpson. East Simpson Road is closed to thru traffic. Local traffic may use East Simpson Road to access the Cemetery. Church traffic and thru traffic may use Old Sevierville Pike
October 7, 2020
The contractor is curretly installing storm drainage structures from Wall 3 towards the new East Simpson Road intersection at Chapman Highway. The contractor is currently working on retaining wall #2. Sheet piling has been installed. Excavation has begun behind sheet piling in preparation for wall construction.
September 10, 2020
The contractor is curretly installing storm drainage structures from Wall 3 towards East Simpson Road. A lane shift will occur in the Southbound direction to allow the contractor to begin installing Wall 2.
February 27, 2020
- EPSC measures have been installed for Phase 1 work (NB side between E. Simpson Rd to Sevierville Pike)
- The contractor has started clearing & grading along Phase 1 of Chapman Highway and Sevierville Pike
- The contractor had demoed the buildings on Tract 12, 14 and 15. they have yet to demo the building on Tract 10.
- ROW has had the two existing Septic Tanks on ROW pumped, and now awaiting removal by the contractor
- the contractor intends to start setting up barrier rail on March 2, 2020 (weather permitting)