State Route 71 (US 441) Chapman Highway - Evans Road to Burnett LaneKnox County
Transportation projects are developed in four phases: Planning and Environmental, Design, Right-of-Way and Construction. Proposed improvements to State Route 71 (US 441/Chapman Highway), from Evans Road to Burnett Lane, are currently under construction.
LET TO CONTRACT: 8/9/2019
CONTRACTOR: CHARLES BLALOCK & SONS, INC.
BID PRICE : $4,592,669.71
EST. COMPLETION DATE: AUGUST, 2020
Construction activities began on October 8, 2019, with the installation of temporary traffic control devices.
Project Update: February 27, 2020
- EPSC measures have been installed for Phase 1 work (NB side between E. Simpson Rd to Sevierville Pike)
- The contractor has started clearing & grading along Phase 1 of Chapman Highway and Sevierville Pike
- The contractor had demoed the buildings on Tract 12, 14 and 15. they have yet to demo the building on Tract 10.
- ROW has had the two existing Septic Tanks on ROW pumped, and now awaiting removal by the contractor
- the contractor intends to start setting up barrier rail on March 2, 2020 (weather permitting)