Middle Tennessee Scheduled Lane Closures September 14-20, 2023
DAVIDSON / RUTHERFORD COUNTY 1-24
Survey- Median Jersey Barrier Catch Basins
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be rolling inside lane closures on I-24 EB and WB for survey work. Traffic control will be provided by Superior Traffic Control
CHEATHAM COUNTY I-40
The resurfacing of I-40 in Cheatham County from the Williamson County Line (LM 0.00) to the Davidson County line (LM 7.15)
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be nighttime lane closures in both directions for guardrail installation, degrassing, and milling operations. (MM 184-191)
DAVIDSON COUNTY I-40
The resurfacing on I-40 from U.S. 70S (S.R.1) (L.M. 4.71) to near U.S. 70 (S.R. 24, Charlotte Pike) (l.M. 9.61)
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane and ramp closures for striping operations.
The grading, drainage, construction of bridges, retaining walls and paving on I-40 (MM 216) at the Donelson Pike interchange
· LOOK AHEAD: 9/24, 6 a.m. – 8 a.m., There will be a rolling roadblock in both directions to remove overhead Comcast and Lumen lines.
DICKSON / WILLIAMSON / CHEATHAM / DAVIDSON COUNTIES I-40
The expansion of the SmartWay Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) on I-40 from near I-840 in Dickson County to near U.S. 70S (Exit 196) in Davidson County
· Daily, 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., There will be temporary daytime shoulder closure in both directions for trenching and boring operations at various locations throughout the project limits.
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be temporary nighttime lane closure to remove guardrail, set barrier rail, and install an attenuator at each location listed.
o MM 179- 180
o MM 180-185
o MM 190-192
HUMPHREYS / HICKMAN COUNTIES
The resurfacing of I-40 in Humphreys and Hickman County
· Nightly, 7 p.m. – 5 a.m., (excluding weekends) There will be temporary nighttime lane closures in both directions for pavement markings and bridge repair work. (MM 141 – 149)
DAVIDSON COUNTY I-65
The repair of the bridges on I-65 over Arthur Avenue (L.M. 8.80) and the repair of the bridge on I-40 over I-40, I-65 and the I-65 ramp (L.M. 16.14).
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures in both directions on I-65 from the I-40 interchange to Rosa L Parks Blvd (Exit 85) to set barrier rail.
I-65 bridge repair at Rivergate
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be a lane closure on I-65 NB and SB from near the Rivergate exit for bridge repair activities. Rivergate exit will be closed and a detour in place
· LOOK AHEAD: 9/22 – 9/25, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. Northbound and 6 p.m. – 5 a.m., southbound, There will be weekend lane closure starting Friday night till Monday morning for bridge repair. Two lane will remain open during the day and Rivergate Parkway will be closed with a detour in place.
DAVIDSON COUNTY I-65 / SR 254
The grading, drainage, construction of a retaining wall, signals and paving on I-65 at the NB exit ramp to SR 254 (OHB, Exit 74A)
· Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be temporary lane closures on SR 254 (OHB) in both directions for grading and signal work. Two lanes will remain open in each direction.
· Continuous Closure, Oakes Drive will be closed for traffc coming from Old Hickory Blvd., a detour will be in place. One turn lane from OHB onto I-65 NB will be closed while the median is removed and relocated.
GILES COUNTY I-65
The resurfacing on I-65 from the Alabama state line to S of U.S. 64 (S.R. 15) including thin epoxy overlay on the bridge over S.R. 273
· Nightly, 6 p.m. – 6 a.m., Alternating NB & SB lane closures for milling and paving. One lane will remain open at all times.
MAURY COUNTY I-65
Resurfacing I-65 from Marshall County line to near SR-99
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 6 a.m., There will be a temporary lane closure on I-65 NB and SB for paving operations and to move and remove barrier rail. One lane will remain open at all times.
ROBERTSON COUNTY I-65
Interstate Widening - Grading, drainage, construction of bridges and retaining walls, ITS and paving
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. There will be temporary lane closures on I-65 NB and SB for roadway maintenance, one lane will always remain open.
· 9/15 - 9/17, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be temporary exit closures on I-65 NB and SB at Exit 117 for tying the grade in from SR 52 to the new ramps. Only one direction of on/off ramps will be closed at a time.
The resurfacing of I-65 from Sumner County line to the bridge over Honey Run Creek (MM 112).
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be temporary lane closures on I-65 NB and SB for Scoring and Thermoplastic placement. (MM 104 – 112)
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-840
The resurfacing of I-840 from the West Fork Stones River Bridge to near Exit 61
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures on I-840 for pavement markings.
· 9/8 at 8 p.m. continuously until 9/11 at 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures on I-840 for bridge repair work.
On call concrete pavement repair at various locations in Region 3
· 9/15 8 p.m. continuously until 9/17 at Noon, There will be a full ramp closure on I-840 EB ramp to I-40 EB to saw and repair damaged concrete on the bottom of the exit ramp. Ramp will re-open on Sunday at noon.
DAVIDSON COUNTY SR 1
Replacement of Broadway Bridge
· Continuous closure until 9/8, Broadway bridge will be closed continuously from 8th Avenue to 13th Avenue for bridge replacement.
DAVIDSON COUNTY SR 24
The resurfacing on SR 24 (Lebanon Road) from near Stones River Road(LM 21.90) to Highland View Drive (LM 23.83).
· Daily, (excl. weekends), 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be intermittent, alternating lane and ramp closures on SR 24(US 70), (Lebanon Rd), for utility adjustments and concrete curb ramp repair.
DAVIDSON COUNTY SR 112
SR 112 (US 41A/Clarksville Pike) from SR 12 (Ashland City Highway) to SR 155 (Briley Pkwy.)
· Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be a temporary alternating lane closure on SR 112 Clarksville Pike in both directions for grade work, paving, installation of storm drainage, sanitary sewer, installation of water line, underground communications and overhead power. Courtney Avenue, Kings Lane, West Hamilton Lane and the merging lane to Nashville on Ashland City highway will be closed. Flaggers will be utilized.
DAVIDSON COUNTY SR 155
The resurfacing on SR 155 from U.S. 41 (S.R. 1, Murfreesboro Road) (LM 4.30) to near NERR Railroad underpass (LM 9.00), including bridge expansion joint repair.
· LOOK AHEAD: 9/22 continuous until Sun 9/24 continuously 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be full ramp closures on the Elm Hill Pike off-ramp to Briley Parkway SB for concrete repairs.
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures and ramp closures, in both directions, on SR 155 from SR 1 to near NERR Railroad underpass for thermoplastic and expansion joint repair.
The resurfacing on SR 155 from Brick Church Pike to I-65
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures on Briley Parkway, from Brick Church Pike to I-65, for resurfacing activities.
GILES COUNTY SR 11
The bridge replacement over Pigeon Roost
· 9/18 continuously until 9/20, The bridge will be reduced to one lane in order to demo the old bridge and reconstruct. Traffic will be controlled by a temporary signal
MONTGOMERY COUNTY SR 112 / SR 76
Intersection Improvements. Grading, Drainage and Construction of Retaining walls.
· Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Temporary ane closures for utility relocation, grading and drainage installation.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY SR 48
The repair of the bridges on S.R. 48 over Bartons Creek (L.M. 0.40) and Louise Creek (L.M. 3.36).
· Continuous, The bridges will be reduced to one lane in order to demo the old bridge and reconstruct it. Traffic will be controlled by temporary signals at each bridge.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 10
The resurfacing on S.R. 10 from the Bedford County line (L.M. 0.00) to S.R. 269 East. (L.M. 4.29)
· Daily, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., There will be temporary lane closures for bridge work, striping, snowplowables, rumble stripe, and sign installation.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 10
· Nightly, 8 am – 4 pm, There will be temporary lane closures for bridge work.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 96
The resurfacing on SR-96 from Carol Drive (L.M. 6.45) to near I-24 (L.M. 9.5)
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures on SR-96 for pavement markings.
The resurfacing on SR-96 from Compton Road (16.73) to Cainsville Pike (20.50)
· Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be flagging operations for resurfacing activites.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 99
The grading, drainage, construction of retaining walls, signals and paving on SR-99 (New Salem Hwy) from near I-24 to SR-96 (Old Fort Pkwy)
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures on Middle TN Blvd for waterline installation.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 266
The grading, drainage, construction of two concrete bulb tee beam bridges, signals, and paving on SR-266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR-102 (LM 5.0) to E. of I-840 (LM 9).
· Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities.
The removal of Portland Cement Concrete and repaving on SR-266 at the intersection of Weakley Lane and SR-102
· 9/15 at 8 p.m. continuously until 9/18 at 5 a.m., There will be lane closures in both directions to shift traffic to replace concrete pavement with asphalt. One lane in each direction will remain open.
· 9/17, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., Jefferson Pike (SR-266) will be closed at its intersection with SR-102/Sam Ridley Parkway. A signed detour will be in place.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY SR 6
The resurfacing on U.S. 31 (S.R. 6) from Concord Road (L.M. 18.53) to near Town Center Way (L.M. 21.36)
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be lane closure for milling and paving operations.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY SR 96
Grading, drainage, construction of bridges and signals on SR 96 from east of Arno Rd (LM 14.72) to SR 252 (Wilson Pk) (LM 20.62).
· Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be lane closures and brief stoppages of traffic for traffic control and grading operations.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY SR 11
The resurfacing on U.S.31A (S.R. 11) from the Rutherford County Line (L.M. 0) to S.R. 96 (Murfreesboro Rd.) (L.M. 7.41), including bridge expansion joint repair and thin epoxy overlay
· Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be a lane closure for degrassing of shoulders, removal of reflective markers, and milling.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY SR 106
I-65 Interchange at Buckner Road
· Daily, 9a.m. – 3 p.m., (excl. Sunday) There will be intermittent flagging operation on Lewisburg Pike (SR 106) from LM 3.7 to LM 4.0 for construction activities.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY SR 252
The resurfacing on S.R. 252 from north of Raintree Parkway (L.M. 7.77) to near U.S. 31 (S.R. 6, Franklin Road) (L.M. 13.33)
· 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be lane closures on Church St from Franklin Rd to Wilson Pk for milling and paving operations.
WILSON COUNTY SR 109
The grading, drainage, signals and paving on SR-109 at the I-40 off ramps
· Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., Temporary lane closures for grading, drainage and signal installation.
Scheduled Maintenance Work
RUTHERFORD COUNTY I-24
Milling and Paving
· 9/19, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., The on-ramp WB on Exit 64 will be closed for milling and paving operations.
· LOOK AHEAD: 9/21, 8 p.m.-5 a.m., The two right lanes will be closed for milling and paving operations.
DAVIDSON COUNTY I-40
Milling and Paving
· 9/14, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., EB lane one will be closed for milling and paving activities
DAVIDSON COUNTY I-65
Mill and Fill as needed
· Daily, 9 A.M. – 3 P.M., Alternating lane closure in both directions (MM 95-97)
SUMNER COUNTY I-65
Mill and Fill/ Infrared Pothole Repair As Needed
· Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Alternating lane closure in both directions, MM 98-103
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather-dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.