Middle Tennessee Lane Closure Report October 7 - 13, 2021
DAVIDSON COUNTY, I-24 The resurfacing on I-24 including bridge repair from the I-40 split to the I-440 split
• Nightly, 8PM-5AM (including weekends), There will be multiple alternating lane closures and multiple alternating ramp closures on I-24 between the I-40 split and the I-440 split for milling, paving and striping.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, I-24 Miscellaneous safety improvements on I-24 at SR 171 (Old Hickory Blvd) EB ramp (exit 62), including grading, drainage, and paving. The interchange modification on I-24 at Hickory Hollow Pkwy (exit 60), including grading, drainage, construction of bridges, retaining walls and paving
• Thurs 10/7 and Sun 10/10 - Wed 10/13, 8PM-5AM, There will be temporary intermittent closures of the I-24 EB lanes from Bell Road to OHB and also temporary intermittent closures of the I-24 WB lanes from OHB to Bell Road for placement and removal of the containment system on the Hickory Hollow bridge as well as final striping. Two lanes will remain open at all times.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, I-24ITS Maintenance
• Thurs., 10/7, 8PM-2AM, There will be a right outside lane and shoulder closure on I-24 E/O Sam Ridley Pkwy MM 67.4 and W/O at Lee Victory pkwy MM 68.8 for CCTV work.
DAVIDSON/RUTHERFORD COUNTY, I-24The construction of an Intelligent Transportation System and upgrades from Nashville to Murfreesboro (Part 2)
• Thurs 9/30 - Wed 10/6, 8PM – 5AM, There will be right lane and shoulder closures EB and WB for installation of gantry foundations and conduit. Two lanes will remain open at all times. There will be left lane closures EB and WB for overhead sign foundation work in the median from MM 53 to MM 65. Two lanes will remain open at all times
DAVIDSON COUNTY, I-40The repair of the bridge on I-40 WB over the C.S.X. Railroad (LM 18.59
• Mon 10/11 - Wed 10/13, 8PM-5AM,There will be temporary, intermittent lane closures on I-40 WB to set barrier rail.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, I-40The resurfacing on I-40 from Old Hickory Blvd. to Arlington Ave
• Nightly, 8PM-5AM, (including weekends) There will be multiple alternating lane closures and multiple alternating ramp closures on I-40 between Old Hickory Blvd and Arlington Ave for milling, paving and striping.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, I-40The repair of bridges on I-40 over Stones River and on SR 171 over Stones River
• Nightly 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. (excluding weekends), There will be temporary intermittent lane closures on the Stones River bridge on I-40 for thin-lift epoxy overlay. At least two lanes will remain open at all times.
DICKSON COUNTY, I-40The resurfacing and Bridge Repair of I-40 from East of Piney Rd (LM 5.33) to the bridge over I-840 (LM 13.15) in Dickson County.
• Nightly, 7PM-6AM (excluding Saturday), There will be nighttime lane closures for milling and paving operations in both EB and WB directions.
HUMPHREYS COUNTY I-40The repair of bridges on I-40 over the Buffalo River.
• Daily, 7AM-3:30PM, There is a temporary traffic shift in both directions. Left lanes will be closed. Traffic is being shifted to the right lane and shoulder while work is being performed underneath the bridge in both the EB and WB direction.
ROBERTSON COUNTY, I-65Grading, drainage, construction of bridges and retaining walls, ITS and paving
• Nightly 8PM-5AM, Milling and paving operations, north and south directions. Troopers to be utilized. SR 25 Ramp Closure--Ramps to be closed during paving operations. SR 25 Southbound on-ramp. Ramp closure will be 1 night due to milling/paving depths.
RUTHERFORD I-840The repair of bridges on I-840 over East Fork of the Stones River including approach slab replacement
• Sat 10/2 thru Mon 10/4, 6 A.M. – 5 A.M. (continuous), There will be alternating lane closures for milling and paving activities
WILLIAMSON COUNTY I-840Resurfacing from Leipers Creek Rd LM 12.48 to Thompson Station Rd LM 18.20 in Williamson Co. with bridge deck and expansion joint repair
• Daily, 6AM-6PM, Alternating east & westbound lane closures to perform milling and paving operations. One lane will be remain open at all times.
WILSON COUNTY, I-40 Bridge widening on SR 171 over I-40
• Nightly, 8PM-5AM, I-40 EB and WB will have intermittent lane closures for bridge widening activities. near the Cumberland River.
CHEATHAM COUNTY SR 455Grade, drain, pave of SR 455 + Levee construction (by others)
• 24/7, Continuous lane closure for the construction of levee (by others), box culvert, stream relocation and roadway construction from SR 49 to AO Smith entrance. Riverbluff Park entrance will remain open to the public. Access to AO Smith from SR 12 will remain open.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, SR 1Full and partial depth repair of Portland Cement Concrete pavement and sidewalk on US 41 (US 70S, SR 1 Murfreesboro Road) from near Fesslers Lane (LM 20) to near Foster Ave
• Friday 10/8 @ 8PM CONTINUOUSLY until Monday 10/11 @ 5AM, There will be a single lane closure westbound on Murfreesboro Rd from Fesslers Lane to Foster Ave to remove and repour damaged concrete.
DAVIDSON COUNTY SR 1Full and partial depth repair of Portland Cement Concrete pavement and sidewalk on US 41 (US 70S, SR 1 Murfreesboro Road) from near Fesslers Lane (LM 20) to near Foster Ave
• Thurs 10/7 and Mon 10/11 thru Wed 10/13, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. There will be a single lane closure westbound on Murfreesboro Rd from Fesslers Lane to Foster Ave to remove and repour damaged concrete.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, SR 24Resurfacing on SR 24 from near SR 155 (White Bridge rd.) LM 8.13 to 31st Ave N. LM 10.22
• Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure for milling operations.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, SR 112SR 112 (US 41A/Clarksville Pike) from SR 12 (Ashland City Highway) to SR 155 (Briley Parkway) - Piedmont Move Prior
Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. There will be a temporary alternating lane closure on SR 112 Clarksville Pike in both directions for grade work, storm drainage, sanitary sewer and overhead power. Flaggers will be utilized. There will also be a full closure of Courtney Avenue and Fairview Drive for road grading and underground communications; detour will be in place.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, SR 155Repair of bridge located on SR 155 over Cumberland River (Cockrill Bend)• Fri 10/8 thru Mon 10/11, Fri 7PM thru Mon 5AM, Friday 10/8 7PM through Monday 10/11 5AM, there will be a lane closure for bridge repair work.
• Look Ahead: Fri 10/15 thru Mon 10/18, Fri 7PM thru Mon 5AM, Friday 10/15 7PM through Monday 10/18 5AM, there will be a lane closure for bridge repair work.
MAURY COUNTY SR 99 I-65 Interchange at SR 99 grading, paving, striping, guardrail, bridge, drainage, signals, lighting and retaining walls.
• Fri 10/8 thru Sat 10/9, 8PM-6AM, East and westbound lanes along with the on-ramp to I-65 will be affected with the removal and installation of concrete barrier rail. Two lanes will remain open at all times with the exception of temporary flagging operations.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, SR 112 and SR 76Intersection improvements: grading, drainage and construction of retaining walls.
• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Grading operations, lane closures will be intermittent.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, 266The grading, drainage, construction of two concrete bulb tee beam bridges, signals, and paving on SR 266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR 102 (LM 5.0) to east of I-840 (LM 9).• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3p.m., There will be periodic flagging operations along SR 266 for construction activities.
SMITH COUNTY SR 24Resurfacing on US 70
• Daily, 8 a.m. – 2:45 p.m., SR 24 near SR 264 to Putman County line will have intermittent lane closures for resurfacing activities.
SUMNER COUNTY SR 25Gateway Drive Extension
• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., There will be intermittent lane closures on SR 25 near Barry Lane for road widening activities.
SUMNER COUNTY SR 41Resurfacing on US 31
• Daily, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., SR 41 from Jarret Lane to SR 25 will have intermittent lane closures for resurfacing activities.
SUMNER COUNTY SR 109LPLM: Albert Gallatin Ave/Hatten Track Road Extension• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. and 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Sat-Sun, There will be intermittent lane closures on SR 109 between the intersections of SR 25 (River Road) and Old State Hwy 109 in both directions for roadway widening activities.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY SR 6Grading, Drainage, and Paving Work on SR 6 (Franklin Road) from south of Moore's Lane (LM 15.93) to Concord Road (18.53)
• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., We anticipate needing intermittent stoppages of traffic and/or temporary lane closures (one direction at a time) for various construction activities and utility work throughout the project. There will be extended delays and possible lane closures for utility operations for the following side roads: Ashby, Drive, Holly Tree Gap Road, Long Street, West Concord, Wikle Road and Mt. View Road. There will be intermittent stoppages of traffic, one direction at a time, for flagging, milling, and paving operations.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY SR 96Local Programs: SR 96 West Multi-Use Trail
• Mon 10/11 thru Fri 10/15, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be a lane closure for water line relocation.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY SR 96Grading, drainage, construction of bridges and signals on SR 96 from east of Arno Rd (LM 14.72) to SR 252 (Wilson Pk) (LM 20.62).
• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be lane closures and brief stoppages of traffic for utility relocations and grading work.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY SR 246Resurfacing on SR 246 from near Forrest St. (LM 12.97) to US 431 (LM 13.76)• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be a lane closure for GDRL installation, manhole adjustments and paving operations.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY SR 397The grading, drainage, construction of bridges, retaining walls, and paving on SR 397 (Mack Hatcher Pkwy) from south of SR 96 to east of US 431 (SR 106)• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., There will be temporary lane closures in both directions on Mack Hatcher at Hillsboro Road for widening work and also on Hillsboro Road northbound for widening work. There will be lane closures in both directions on Highway 96W between Front Street and Boyd Mill Avenue for road widening activities. Flaggers will be utilized.
• Continuous until project ends, Old Charlotte Pike is closed for the duration of the project for the alignment of the new Mack Hatcher Parkway.
WILSON COUNTY SR 109The reconstruction on SR 109 from North of US 70 (SR 24) to south of the Cumberland River.
• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., There will be periodic flagging operations along SR 109 for construction activities.
WILSON COUNTY SR 171Bridge widening on SR 171 over I-40
• Nightly, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., SR 171 will have intermittent lane closures for bridge widening activities.
WILSON COUNTY US 70Construction of a pedestrian facility
• Daily, 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., US 70/SR 24 near W Baddour Pkwy will have intermittent lane closures for utility relocation and sidewalk construction.
DAVIDSON COUNTY I-24Bridge Inspection• Sun. 10/10 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., East and westbound Silliman Evans Bridge will have full-length outside lane and shoulder closed for underbridge inspection vehicle.
HUMPHREYS COUNTY I-40In-house paving
• Thurs 10/7 thru Fri 10/8, 6 p.m. – 5 a.m., Eastbound right lane closure
SUMNER COUNTY I-65Core drilling• Thurs. 10/7 8 p.m. – 5 a.m., Alternating southbound lane closure
DAVIDSON COUNTY SR 6Coring at 4 locations - holes to be filled with EZ Street cold mix• Thurs 10/7 - Sat 10/9. 9 A.M. – 3 P.M., Northbound left lane, lane closure.
DAVIDSON COUNTY SR 11Coring at 4 locations - holes to be filled with EZ Street cold mix
• Thurs 10/7 - Sat 10/9 9 A.M. – 3 P.M., Northbound right lane, lane closure.
LEWIS COUNTY SR 20 AND SR 99Event closure for Hohenwald
• Fri 10/8 - Sat 10/9 6 A.M. – 10 P.M., The City of Hohenwald is requesting to close the road (State Route 20 and State Route 99) from L.M. 6.05 and L.M. 14.35 respectively to L.M. 6.13 and L.M. 14.44 respectively the Friday of Oct 8 to Saturday Oct 9 from 6am till 10pm that weekend. It is an event closure (Octoberfest). This is a straight stretch of road that changes designation in the middle of it.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY SR 112Coring at 3 locations - holes to be filled with EZ Street cold-mix
• Wed 10/6 - Fri 10/8 9 A.M. – 3 P.M., Northbound right lane, lane closure.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY SR 236Coring at 7 locations - holes to be filled with EZ Street cold-mix
• Wed 10/6 - Fri 10/8 9 A.M. – 3 P.M., Eastbound right lane, lane closure.
ROBERTSON COUNTY SR 11Coring at 3 locations - holes to be filled with EZ Street cold-mix
• Thurs 10/7 thru Sat 10/9 9 A.M – 3 P.M., Northbound right lane, lane closure.
WILSON COUNTY SR 70Installing turn lane• Mon 10/11 thru Fri 10/15 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Outside WB lane closed just past SR 109 interchange to half a mile west for installation of turning lane.
• Thurs 10/7 thru Fri 10/22 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Charles Deweese is requesting the WB lane be closed for the installation. The work will take place from Geers Ct to west of Waters Hill Circle. permit # 4-2008
WILSON COUNTY 265 Road widening, shoulder grading & milling and paving• Daily 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., Summitt Const. requesting WB lane and shoulder to be closed for the project.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.