TDOT Construction Lane Closure Report for Middle Tennessee, November 21- December 4, 2019
There will be no scheduled lane closures between noon on Wednesday, November 27 through 6 a.m. on Monday, December 2 to accommodate increased traffic volumes for the Thanksgiving holiday.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Interstate 440 Reconstruction
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a right lane closure on SR 6 (Franklin Pike southbound) at LM 5.5 for bridge work. There will be intermittent lane closures on Charlotte Pike under I-440 for bridge repairs.
· Nightly, 9PM-5AM, There will be lane closures and temporary ramp closures at the I-440 and I-65 interchange. There will also be intermittent ramp closures at Nolensville Road and Murphy Road for concrete removal. There will be rolling roadblocks on I-440 in both directions for overhead sign installation.
· From now through August 2020, I-440 will be restricted to two travel lanes in each direction from 5AM-9PM and one travel lane in each direction from 9PM-5AM.
· Weekend ramp closures are dependent on weather and project progress. Please check the project website for changes to the schedule: https://www.tn.gov/tdot/projects/region-3/interstate-440.html
o Friday, November 22 at 9 p.m. through Sunday, November 24 at 5 a.m. – There will be a ramp closure at the following location.
§ I-440 eastbound to Nolensville Pike
§ I-440 eastbound to Hillsboro Pike southbound
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Interchange improvements on I-24 at Hickory Hollow Parkway
· From now through February 2020, The I-24 westbound off-ramp at Hickory Hollow will be shut down to reconstruct the ramp.
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM (excluding Saturday and Sunday), There will be lane closures on I-24 eastbound between MM 60-62 for construction activities.
· Daily, 3AM-3PM (excluding Saturday and Sunday), The inside left turn lane on I-24 eastbound at the Old Hickory Blvd ramp will be closed to pour concrete. The outside left turn lane and right turn lane will remain open.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Construction of Pedestrian Facilities on U.S. 70S (SR 1) from SR 251 (Old Hickory Boulevard) (LM 7.85) to Erin Lane (LM 8.30)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure for construction work.
MAURY COUNTY, City of Columbia - West 7th Multimodal Streetscape
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closures from High Street to Beckett Street.
MAURY COUNTY, Widening of Duplex Road from US 31 to Secluded Lane
· Daily, 9AM-3:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 247 for road widening.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Resurfacing and Curb Ramp Installation on SR 12
· Nightly, 7PM-5AM, There will be lane closures on SR 12 (Ft. Campbell Blvd) between Red River Bridge and the SR 374 junction.
ROBERTSON COUNTY, Resurfacing Operations on I-65
· Nightly, 7PM-5AM, There will be lane closures to install shifts for bridge repair at MM 108.
ROBERTSON COUNTY, Construction of new interchange on I-65 at SR 109
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be temporary lane closures on I-65 northbound from MM 118-121 for barrier rail relocation.
ROBERTSON and SUMNER COUNTY, S.I.A. Serving Project "Deepdish"
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 52 and US 31W for phase 3 construction activities. One lane will remain open.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, The resurfacing of SR 16 from Williamson County line to the Bedford County line
· Daily, 7AM-5PM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR 16 in both directions for paving operations.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, The construction of pedestrian facilities on SR 96 from east of Camden Court (LM 8.32) to east of Gresham Ln (LM 8.60) in Murfreesboro
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a right lane closure on Hwy 96 for a paving operation.
SMITH COUNTY, Bridge Repair on SR 53 over Mulherrin Creek (LM 7.18)
· From now through April 2020, SR 53 will be reduced to one 9' lane at the bridge over Mulherrin Creek for bridge work. Traffic will be controlled by temporary signals.
SUMNER COUNTY, Resurfacing of S.R. 25 from S.R. 109 (L.M. 12.95) to Kraft Street (L.M. 15.98)
· Nightly, 8PM-6AM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 25 in both directions for striping. One lane will remain open.
SUMNER COUNTY, The resurfacing on SR 386 from the bridge over US 31E (SR 6) (LM 7.63) to east of Greenlea Blvd (LM 12.07)
· Monday, November 25, 10AM-2PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 386 westbound for roadway repairs.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Franklin Rd widening from Concord Rd to Moores Lane
· Nightly, 6PM-6AM, There will be intermittent stoppages of traffic and/or temporary lane closures (one direction at a time) for the installation of a sewer force main line across Franklin Road at Sta 102+00 (near Moore's Lane).
WILSON COUNTY, I-40 Widening from east of SR 109 to east of I-840
· Nightly (excluding Saturday and Sunday), 8PM-5AM, There will be a lane closure in both directions for milling and paving.
WILSON COUNTY, Widening on SR 141 from South of Spring Creek to North of Lovers Lane
· Daily, 6AM-6PM, There will be a temporary lane closure on SR 141 for construction activities. One lane will remain open in each direction.
WILSON COUNTY, Bridge Repair on SR 26 over Sinking Creek
· Through May 2020, SR 26 will be down to one 10' lane in each direction on the bridge over Sinking Creek. One lane will be open in each direction.
WILSON COUNTY, The repair of the bridges on US 231 (SR 10) over Town Creek (LM 13.56) in Lebanon
· From now through May 2020, US 231 (SR 10) will be down to one 11' lane in each direction for bridge work.
>>> MAINTENANCE & UTILITIES
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be rolling roadblocks on I-65 northbound between exit 92 (OHB) and exit 95 (SR 386) for blasting.
· Monday, November 25, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on Briley Parkway northbound at Lebanon Pike for tree trimming.
· Thursday, November 21 9PM-5AM, There will be intermittent lane closures on I-40 from Arlington Ave to Donelson Pike for crack sealing.
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane on SR-1 northbound for subgrade replacement and paving work between Florence Rd. and Sam Griffin Rd. (9.98 LM to 8.08 LM).
· Nightly, 8PM-4AM, There will be lane closures on I-65 in both directions between MM 104-120 for pothole patching.
· Monday, November 25, 8AM-3PM, There will be a mobile lane closure on SR 96 in both directions from New Castle Rd to Triune for core drilling.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.