Middle Tennessee Construction Lane Closures, March 1-7, 2018
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Resurfacing On I-24 From SR 6 To The I-40 Westbound Ramps & Bridge Rehab On I-24 Over Spring St. & Oldham St.
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on Spring Street for rubbing of bents and pouring curbs/slope pavement. There will be alternating lane closures on I-24 in both directions to slip form medians/parapets at Oldham Street and Spring Street bridges. One lane will remain open in each direction.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, The Improvement Of The Intersection On SR 1 (US 70S) At McCrory Lane & The CSX Railroad (L.M. 0.99)
· Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-3:30PM, There will be alternating lane closures on US 70 for grading and storm drainage.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Grading, Drainage, Signals, & Paving on US 41 From Vultee Blvd. To Jupiter Drive (L.M. 22.50-22.96)
· Daily, 7AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure for widening of the median on Murfreesboro Pike (southbound). At least one lane will remain open.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Intersection Improvements on SR 6 (Franklin Road) at SR 255 (Harding Place/Battery Lane)
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be lane closures to install an 18-inch storm sewer on SR 255.
MAURY COUNTY, Construction of a new interchange including a concrete bulb-tee beam bridge and paving on SR-166 at US 43 (SR 6) in Mount Pleasant
· Daily (excluding weekends), 7AM-3PM, There will be lane closures in both directions on US-43 for blasting operations.
ROBERTSON COUNTY, Construction of new interchange on I-65 @ SR 109
· Friday, March 2, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on I-65 in both directions from MM 118-121 for paving operations to fix potholes. One lane will remain open in each direction.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Construction of a New interchange on SR-1 at SR-10 (Broad St) and SR-96
· Saturday, March 3, 6AM through Monday, March 5, 6AM, Broad Street and the ramps to and from SR 96 will be closed for final paving operations. A detour will be in place during the closure. Traffic will still be able travel on the bridge on Old Fort Parkway/Memorial Blvd, but will not be able to use the ramps to Broad Street.
SMITH COUNTY, Rockfall Mitigation on SR 25 (L.M. 8.5)
· Daily, 9AM-2PM, There will be a temporary road closure on SR 25 for blasting operations. This operation should take no more than 30 minutes.
SUMNER COUNTY, The Construction Of Retaining Walls On SR 109 From Odom's Bend To The SR 109 Bypass Of South of Gallatin (L.M. 0.5 - 1.65)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 109 in both directions for construction activites. One lane will remain open.
Maintenance & Utilities
DAVIDSON, CHEATHAM, ROBERTSON COUNTIES
Starting Tuesday, March 6 through Tuesday, March 13, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures for paving on I-24 in both directions in order to patch potholes. The closures will be moving between MM 17 and 40. Drivers should anticipate delays. Check www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic for real-time congestion info.
Thursday, March 1 through Saturday, March 3, 9AM-3PM, There will be a right lane closure on SR 174 eastbound intersection to SR 386 for installation of a turning lane. One lane will remain open. There will be a right lane closure on SR 386 eastbound for installation of right-in, right out. The left lane eastbound will also be closed for installation of concrete median in existing lane. The lane closure will alternate between the left and right lanes. Traffic cones will be utilized. One lane will remain open.
Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-2:30PM, There will be rolling roadblocks on SR 109 between Callis Road and I-40 for rock blasting/excavation for THE VENUE Project.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.