Middle Tennessee Construction Lane Closures, February 8-14, 2018
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Resurfacing On I-24 From SR 6 To The I-40 Westbound Ramps & Bridge Rehab On I-24 Over Spring St. & Oldham St.
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on Spring Street for rubbing of bents and pouring curbs/slope pavement.
· Monday, February 12 through Wednesday February 14, 8PM-5AM, There will alternating lane closures on I-24 in both directions to slip form medians parapets at Oldham Street and Spring Street bridges. One lane will remain open in each direction.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, The Improvement Of The Intersection On SR 1 (US 70S) At McCrory Lane & The CSX Railroad (L.M. 0.99)
· Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-3:30PM, There will be alternating lane closures on US 70 for grading and storm drainage.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Grading, Drainage, Signals, & Paving on US 41 From Vultee Blvd. To Jupiter Drive (L.M. 22.50-22.96)
· Daily, 7AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure for widening of the median on Murfreesboro Pike (southbound). At least one lane will remain open.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Intersection Improvements on SR 6 (Franklin Road) at SR 255 (Harding Place/Battery Lane)
· Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be lane closures to install an 18-inch storm sewer on SR 255.
MAURY COUNTY, Construction of a new interchange including a concrete bulb-tee beam bridge and paving on SR-166 at US 43 (SR 6) in Mount Pleasant
· The intersection of SR-166 and SR-6 (US-43) will be closed to all left turning vehicular traffic and all through traffic from SR-166 crossing HWY-43 until further notice. Drivers are asked to follow detour signs to get back onto SR-166.
· Daily (excluding weekends), 7AM-3PM, There will be lane closures in both directions on US-43 for blasting operations.
ROBERTSON COUNTY, Construction of new interchange on I-65 at SR 109
· Thursday, February 8 and Friday, February 9, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on Hwy 31W (L.M. 21.5-22.5) for paving operations to fix potholes. One lane will remain open.
SMITH COUNTY, Rockfall Mitigation on SR 25 (L.M. 8.5)
· Daily, 9AM-2PM, There will be a temporary road closure on SR 25 for blasting operations. This operation should take no more than 30 minutes.
SUMNER COUNTY, The Construction Of Retaining Walls On SR 109 From Odom's Bend To The SR 109 Bypass Of South of Gallatin (L.M. 0.5 - 1.65)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 109 in both directions for blasting operations. One lane will remain open.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Grading, Drainage, & Paving Work On SR 6 (Franklin Road) From South Of Moores Lane (L.M. 15.93) To Concord Road (L.M. 18.53)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating temporary lane closures and/or intermittent stoppages for less than 15 minutes for blasting between the hours of 10AM and 2PM on SR 6 in both directions. There will also be flagging operations from 9AM-3PM.
Maintenance & Utilities
Wednesday, February 14, 8PM-5AM, There will be mobile lane closures on I-440 in both directions from MM 0-7 on the inside lanes and shoulders for geotechnical exploration. Geotechnical crews will have intermittent stops for short duration to perform test.
Thursday, February 8 through Wednesday, February 14, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-65 southbound from MM 96-97 for milling and paving operations. At least one lane will remain open at all times.
Thursday, February 8 through Wednesday, February 14, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR 386 in both directions from MM 0-2 for milling and paving operations. At least one lane will remain open at all times. Signage will be utilized.
Nightly, 8PM-5AM, The ramp from E. Trinity Lane to SR 6 Ellington Pkwy will be closed to remove rock debris from concrete ditch. Signage will be utilized.
Sunday, February 11, 6AM-8AM, Comcast will have a rolling roadblock on I-24 at Florence Road in Rutherford County between SR-102 and I-840 to overlash fiber across interstate.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.