Middle Tennessee Construction Lane Closures, January 18-24, 2018
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Resurfacing On I-24 From SR 6 To The I-40 Westbound Ramps & Bridge Rehab On I-24 Over Spring St. & Oldham St.
· Nightly, 8PM-3AM, There will be alternating lane closures on I-24 in both directions for cleanup and to prep the median for the concrete pour on the bridge. One lane will remain open in each direction.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, The Improvement Of The Intersection On SR 1 (US 70S) At McCrory Lane & The CSX Railroad (L.M. 0.99)
· Daily (excluding weekends), 9AM-3:30PM, There will be alternating lane closures on US 70 for grading and storm drainage.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, Grading, Drainage, Signals, & Paving on US 41 From Vultee Blvd. To Jupiter Drive (L.M. 22.50-22.96)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure for widening of the median on Murfreesboro Pike. At least one lane will remain open.
SUMNER COUNTY, The Construction Of Retaining Walls On SR 109 From Odom's Bend To The SR 109 Bypass Of South of Gallatin (L.M. 0.5 - 1.65)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be temporary lane closures on SR 109 in both directions for blasting operations. One lane will remain open.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Grading, Drainage, & Paving Work On SR 6 (Franklin Road) From South Of Moores Lane (L.M. 15.93) To Concord Road (L.M. 18.53)
· Daily, 9AM-3PM, here will be alternating temporary lane closures and/or intermittent stoppages for less than 15 minutes for blasting between the hours of 10AM and 2PM on SR 6 in both directions. There will also be flagging operations from 9AM-3PM.
Maintenance & Utilities
Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be a lane closure on SR 254 (LM 9-10) in both directions for cleaning concrete ditches. At least one lane will remain open.
From now through Friday, January 26, 8PM-5AM, Zayo Communications, will have lane closures on I-65 over the Cumberland River (MM 86) to install conduits under bridge.
Sunday, January 21, 6AM-10AM, Upper Cumberland Electric Coop. will have rolling roadblock to lash fiber across I-40 in Smith County (Carthage) Exit 258.
Monday, January 22 through Sunday, January 28, There will be a road closure on SR 25 from College St. to Locust Avenue for crosswalk installation. Barricades, detours, and traffic control will be used. Westbound traffic will be detoured to Franklin St. Eastbound traffic will be detoured to Smith St.
Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be lane closures on SR 174 (Long Hollow Pike) and SR 386 (Vietnam Veterans Blvd) for installation of turning lane.
Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be various lane closures on SR 252 at LM 14 in both directions to clean drain ditches. One lane will remain open at all times.
Sunday, January 21, 6AM-8AM, Zayo Communications will have rolling roadblocks in Williamson County on I-65 to pull fiber optic line.
Motorists are encouraged to use caution and obey reduced speed limits in all TDOT work zones, regardless of lane closure activity. Information in this report is provided to the Department of Transportation by the contractors. Most work is weather dependent and subject to change due to inclement weather.
From your desktop or mobile device, get the latest construction activity and live streaming SmartWay traffic cameras at www.TNSmartWay.com/Traffic. Travelers can also dial 511 from any land-line or cellular phone for travel information, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TN511 for statewide travel.
As always, drivers are reminded to use all motorist information tools wisely and Know Before You Go! by checking travel conditions before leaving for your destination. Drivers should never tweet, text or talk on a cell phone while behind the wheel.