CMAQ Competitive Funding
2017 CMAQ Project Competition Now Open
TDOT is currently accepting applications for the 2017 CMAQ Competitive Funding round. The following information is provided to ensure complete, accurate, and timely application submissions.
Timeline (Updated on July 21, 2017)
|Grant Software Training||Monday, June 12, 2017|
|Call for Proposals||Thursday, June 15, 2017|
|Letters of Intent Due||Tuesday, August 1, 2017|
|Applicant Approvals/Rejections Provided||Tuesday, August 8, 2017|
|Full Proposals Due||Monday, September 18, 2017|
- Must be a transportation project
- Must be located in (or benefit) either a non-attainment or maintenance area (see map below)
- Must have an emissions reduction benefit
- Applications must be submitted using the online eGrants application software.
- A separate application package is required for each project proposal.
- A Letter of Intent is required for each proposed project.
*Projects must meet ALL criteria listed above.
Applicants must pick one of the project categories listed below when applying through the eGrants application software.
|New or Expanded Transit Service||Transportation Demand Management Projects|
|New or Expanded Park and Ride Projects||Education and Outreach|
|Diesel Emissions Reductions Projects
(Purchase of Cleaner Vehicles and/or Equipment)
|Other vehicle replacement projects|
|Intelligent Transportation Systems||Freight|
|Traffic Flow Improvements||Fuel Infrastructure|
Formal authority to determine the eligibility of CMAQ projects remains with FHWA. The following is a list of examples of general project types that may be eligible for CMAQ funds according to the FHWA 2013 CMAQ Interim Program Guidance.
|Diesel Engine Retrofits||Transportation Control Measures||Carpooling/Vanpooling|
|Advanced Truck Technologies||Transit Improvements||Car Sharing|
|Idle Reduction||Bicycles and Pedestrian Facilities||Extreme Low-Temperature Cold-Start Programs|
|Congestion Reduction||Transportation Demand Management||Innovative Projects|
|Traffic Flow Improvements
|Public Outreach and Education||Alternative Fuels and Vehicles|
|Freight/Intermodal||Transportation Management Associations||Inspection and Maintenance Programs|
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying and are new to our new eGrants system please take the time to watch the following training video.
TN LRP Grantee Training Video
For questions about navigating the eGrants Software, refer to the eGrants Training Manual.
For information about eligibility, application narrative, emissions calculations, project selection criteria, and budget, refer to the TDOT 2017 CMAQ Application/Eligibility Guidance Manual
- CMAQ Program Overview
- FHWA 2013 CMAQ Program Interim Guidance
- CMAQ Diesel Reductions Fact Sheet
- CMAQ New/Expanded Transit Service Fact Sheet
- CMAQ Park and Ride Fact Sheet
- 2016 CMAQ Informational Webinar
- 2016 Post-CMAQ Award Webinar
- 2017 CMAQ 101 | Q and A: Streaming Recording Link
- 2017 CMAQ 101 | Q and A: Download Recording Link
- 2017 Full Proposal Questions and Answers
Please email questions to TDOT.CMAQ@tn.gov.