CMAQ Competitive Funding
The 2018 Mini-Round of CMAQ is Now Open
Timeline (Updated July 27, 2018)
LOI Announced – July 27, 2018
LOI Open in eGrants – August 3, 2018
LOI Due – August 8, 2018 by EOD
Full Proposal Open – August 10, 2018 (Full Proposal will only open if LOI is approved)
Full Proposal Closed – September 7, 2018
Awards Announced – October 2018 (Tentative)
- Must be a transportation project
- Must be located in (or benefit) either a non-attainment or maintenance area ( eligible areas listed below)
- Must have an emissions reduction benefit
- Applications must be submitted using the online eGrants application software.
- A separate application package is required for each project proposal.
- A Letter of Intent is required for each proposed project.
*Projects must meet ALL criteria listed above.
Eligible Project Types
- Traffic Flow Improvements/Intelligent Transportation Systems (CMAQ Guidance: VII. F.3.b)
- ITS/Traffic Flow Projects are typically eligible for 100% of the federal share, and do not require a local match.
- Projects must include DSRC equipment in description and budget.
- Transit Improvements (CMAQ Guidance: VII. F. 6. b - e)
- Transit projects are typically eligible at a 80% (CMAQ)/20% (Match).
- Projects are limited to include only Vehicles and Equipment, Fuel, Operating Assistance, and/or Transit Fare Subsidies.
For questions on eligibility, please reach out to TDOT.CMAQ@tn.gov
Letter of Intent Project Criteria for PM Mini Round
- General applicant information
- Brief description of the proposed project and location. (Max 1,000 characters)
- Brief description of air quality benefits in the Knoxville and/or Chattanooga area for PM2.5 emissions reductions. (Max 1,000 characters)
• This round is focused on Particulate Matter (PM) emissions reductions, please make sure to highlight those reductions
• If LOI is accepted and a full proposal is required, applicants will be required to demonstrate specific emissions reductions for PM2.5/PM10/VOC/CO/NOx in kg/day.
4. Proposed Budget (Fillable field in eGrants). Please note:
• ITS/Traffic Flow Projects are typically eligible for 100% of the federal share (CMAQ), and do not require a local match.
• Transit projects are typically eligible at a 80% (CMAQ)/20% (Match).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying and are new to the eGrants system, please take the time to watch the Tennessee Long Range Planning Grantee Training Video.
For questions about navigating the eGrants Software, refer to the eGrants Training Manual.
For questions regarding application and eligibility, refer to the PM2.5 CMAQ Mini Competition Application and Eligibility Guidance Manual.
For any additional questions, contact TDOT.CMAQ@tn.gov.
- CMAQ Program Overview PDF
- FHWA 2013 CMAQ Program Interim Guidance PDF
- CMAQ Diesel Reductions Fact Sheet PDF
- CMAQ New/Expanded Transit Service Fact Sheet PDF
- CMAQ Park and Ride Fact Sheet PDF
- 2016 CMAQ Informational Webinar PDF
- 2016 Post-CMAQ Award Webinar VIDEO
- 2017 CMAQ 101 | Q and A: Streaming Recording Link WEBEX
- 2017 CMAQ 101 | Q and A: Download Recording Link WEBEX
- 2017 Full Proposal Questions and Answers PDF