Name a Snowplow Contest
The Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) is excited to announce the agency’s Name a Snowplow contest. TDOT wants residents across the state to submit their best and most creative names for four snowplows, one for each region.
Contest Rules and Regulations:
- Names submitted should be one or two words.
- Names should be appropriate and cannot contain profanity or inappropriate language.
- If the same name is submitted by multiple individuals, the entry that came in first will be the one considered.
- Names may be submitted by a group (schools, nursing homes, etc.), but must include a contact name.
- Individuals and groups may submit more than one name – one name per submission form is required.
- Names cannot be an individual’s name.
- The name submitted should be a name that is created by the submitter, and not otherwise owned or copyrighted by another entity, such as a movie, TV, or person’s name, or reference to an existing company.
- By submitting a snowplow name, you grant TDOT all rights to use/display/publish the name you submit to the Name the Snowplow Contest.
- By submitting a snowplow name, you consent to have your name and image published, photographed, displayed, and used for promotional purposes. Personal contact information will only be accessible to TDOT employees to contact the winners and will not be sold or provided externally.
- Anyone residing in Tennessee can submit their most creative names.
- All name submissions must be received by November 30, 2022, to be considered.
- We will review name submissions beginning December 1, 2022, and all qualified names will be presented to the public.
- The public can vote on their top four names.
- Snowplow names must be submitted online.
- Be sure to share with your friends on social media using #NametheSnowPlow and tag
Our hardworking snowplows have personality - help us name them!
Contest Runs: November 1, 2022 – November 30, 2022 (4:30 p.m. CST)