Vegetation Control Program
James K. Polk Building, Suite 400
505 Deaderick Street
Nashville, Tennessee 37243-0333
Vegetation Control Program Manager
The TDOT Highway Beautification Office oversees the statutory requirements for vegetation control, which allows cutting and removal of vegetation on the State’s right-of-way adjacent to permitted off-premise outdoor advertising.
Downloadable Forms, Applications, and Information:
- Notice: Permit for a Project within Highway Right-of-Way
- Application Requirements - Instructions to Complete Application Packet Permit for Projects within Right-of-Way
- Application - TDOT Permit Application for Project within Highway Right of Way
- Statutory information concerning vegetation control - Tennessee Code Annotated 54-21-119 & 120
- Rules of Tennessee Department of Transportation (PDF) - Control of Outdoor Advertising (Chapter 1680-2-3)
For more information regarding vegetation control, please contact Mark Whited at (615) 741-6896 or Latonja Coates at (615) 532-3459, or fax inquiries to (615) 532-5995.