Children’s Advocacy Days – March 10-11 “Compelling Conversations…from ideas to action”
Children’s Advocacy Days – March 10-11
“Compelling Conversations…from ideas to action”
Children’s Advocacy Days is an event with a 30-plus year history. It is an opportunity for children’s advocates, service providers and others to come together to be inspired by speakers, leaders and peers. The event, which draws approximately 600 individuals interested in children and family issues, will be an opportunity for many children’s advocates, service providers and others to hear from First Lady Maria Lee, the commissioners of state departments serving children and other child advocacy experts.
What: 32th Children’s Advocacy Days “Compelling Conversations…from ideas to action”
When: March 10, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
March 11, 8 a.m. – 12 noon
Where: War Memorial Auditorium, Nashville
· First Lady Lee
· Dr. Melissa Merrick, PhD, Prevent Child Abuse America, President and CEO
· Millie Sweeney, Deputy Director, Family Run Executive Director Leadership Association
· Compelling Conversations between Commissioners of State Child-Serving Departments and Issue experts
· Tennessee U.S. Census Update
· Building Strong Brains Tennessee Innovation Grant Recipients with Programs Addressing Adverse Childhood Experiences and Resilience
· Southern Word.
· Jim Pryor Youth Advocacy Award;
· John Seigenthaler Making KIDS COUNT Award;
· Senator Douglas Henry Public Official Award;
· Linda O’Neal Lifetime Achievement Award;
· Youth Excellence Award
· Prevent Child Abuse Tennessee Unsung Heroes Awards.
The complete agenda is available at https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/tccy/documents/cad/cad-ag.pdf.
The Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth is an independent agency created by the Tennessee General Assembly. Its primary mission is to advocate for improvements in the quality of life for Tennessee children and families and provide leadership and support for child advocates. Information on the agency is available at www.tn.gov/tccy.
For Immediate Release Contact: Richard Kennedy, firstname.lastname@example.org . (615) 741-2633,