Sex Offender Registry Law
Public Chapter 643: Defines “playground” as that term is used in reference to areas that are restricted for sexual offenders and violent sexual offenders.
Public Chapter 719: Adds the offense of Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child to the definition of violent sexual offenses that require registration.
Public Chapter 898: Removes the language that prohibited registered offenders whose victims were minors from knowingly obtaining sexual offender treatment or attending sexual offender treatment within one thousand feet of any public school, private or parochial school, licensed day care center, other child care facility, public park, playground, recreation center, or public athletic field available for use by the general public. That chapter also combines the restrictions for registered offenders whose victims were minors and adults into one paragraph since they are now identical.
- Sex Offender Law Quick Reference
- Sex Offender Driver’s License Law
- Definition of Tennessee Sexual Offenses and Violent Sexual Offenses
- Sex Offender Trusty Law
- Sex Offender Work Release Law
- Sex Offender Name Change Law
- Sex Offender Medical Professional Law